• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PRE-HERO JIMS...CGC 58 and 79! SA JIM/THORs added 96, 99, 102 & 104!

38 posts in this topic

All prices include shipping to North America...elsewhere negotiated discount on exact cost...

All raw books are guaranteed satisfaction!

Shipping: USPS 1st Class.

Payment: PP, MO or CHK

:takeit: trumps PMs...

Discounts available on multiple book purchases...as usual...

JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY 55 VG- to G/VG

NOV 1959. ATLAS MAGAZINES INC. “I FOUND THE GIANT IN THE SKY!” Steve Ditko art (Jack Kirby cover art). “I WAS A PRISONER OF THE…APE CREATURES!” Joe Sinnott art. “I CAN LIVE FOREVER!” John Forte art. “MY NEIGHBOR’S SECRET!” Jack Kirby art. “I SAW THE SERPENT THAT SAVED THE WORLD!” Don Heck art. “STRANGE ENCOUNTER” text story (2-pager). Stan Lee stories.

Little piece missing bottom spine corner…spine wear/general wear commensurate with the grade. Excellent overall structure, book lays flat…perfect registration…rust-free staples firmly attached. Back cover is in decent shape with some light tanning at perimeter…some light dirt marks and a faint stain left middle edge. Light tanning perimeter interior covers…some splotchiness/light stains. Interior off-white pages are in excellent overall shape…COMPLETE!

:news: SOLD! :news:

JIM55FC.jpg

JIM55BC.jpg

JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY 79 VG to VG+

APRIL 1962. ATLAS MAGAZINES INC. “THE MIDNIGHT MONSTER!” Prototype issue (Mr. Hyde). Jack Kirby/ Ayers art (Jack Kirby cover art). “THE MAN WHO PLAYED DEAD!” Don Heck art. “WINGS OF THE BUTTERFLY!” Joe Sinnott art. “THE SPEED DEMON” Steve Ditko art. “SECRET MISSION text story (2-pager). Stan Lee stories.

Overall edge wear and creases commensurate with the grade, overall initial eye-appeal of a much nicer book…1/2-inch transverse tear at right center edge (through ladies’ magenta dress)…creasing mostly at top and bottom right corners/areas…slight overhang at top/a few small transverse tears. Small amount of green distribution ink top centerBack cover top overhang has some pre-chipping…pretty nice overall shape…some light dirt and a soft diagonal crease upper left…some light overall rumpliness. Nice structure (the top overhang notwithstanding)…near perfect registration…book lays flat…tight rust-free staples perfectly centered. Interior off-white pages are in excellent overall condition…COMPLETE!

$49 shipped!

JIM79FC.jpg

JIM79BC.jpg

JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY 81 VG/FN

JUNE 1962. ATLAS MAGAZINES INC. “THE RULER OF EARTH!” Jack Kirby/ Ayers art. (Jack Kirby cover art). “THERE DWELLS A DRAGON” Jack Kirby art. “KUNGA” Gene Colan art. “THE COMIC STRIP” Steve Ditko art. “THE TREASURE” text story (2-pager). Stan Lee stories.

Tight book, easy FN/FN- if not for the right edge chips and spine wear level…light edge wear…light abrasion bottom spine corner. Some light blue ink production blemish at “E” in JOURNEY. Back cover is in nice shape with some storage hue along spine…general fading of the overall white background. Nice structure…book is tight and flat…nice vertical alignment with uniform 1/16-inch cover overlap to the back cover…tight rust-free staples perfectly centered. Interior off-white pages are in excellent overall condition…COMPLETE!

Top Margin Notes through the book...pretty cool:

Page 4: “THE HULK IS COMING!”

Page 11: “THERE IS ONLY ONE HULK!”

Page 21: “WHAT IS THE SECRET OF THE HULK?”

Page 29: “THE HULK --- NOW ON SALE!”

:news: SOLD! :news:

JIM81FC.jpg

JIM81BC.jpg

JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY 58 CGC 5.0 OWW Pages

ATLAS COMICS

MAY 1960. “I FOUND RRO! THE MONSTER FROM THE BOTTOMLESS PIT!!”

Stan Lee story. Steve Ditko cover art and story art. Jack Kirby, Don Heck and Joe Sinnott story art.

Super nice copy for the grade. TOP 10 CENSUS! CGC Census only 7 books in higher grade (2 8.5; 1 8.0; 1 7.5; 2 6.0 and 1 5.5...only one in 5.0...this one!). OSPG prices in mid-grade are pretty irrelevant for these books.

$199 shipped!

JIM58CGC50.jpg

JIM58FC-1.jpg

JIM109BC-1.jpg

No...but I was under the impression that initial low-ball offers should start at at least 50% of ask price... :sumo:doh!
It amazes me that no matter how low you price stuff here, you still get whacko offers doh!

trmoore54, you're my hero for collecting the pre-hero JIM.

(worship)

Do you have Journey Into Mystery #51 available?

Not an expendable one at the present...love that ROBOT cover! :headbang:

JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY 81 VG/FN

JUNE 1962. ATLAS MAGAZINES INC. “THE RULER OF EARTH!” Jack Kirby/ Ayers art. (Jack Kirby cover art). “THERE DWELLS A DRAGON” Jack Kirby art. “KUNGA” Gene Colan art. “THE COMIC STRIP” Steve Ditko art. “THE TREASURE” text story (2-pager). Stan Lee stories.

Tight book, easy FN/FN- if not for the right edge chips and spine wear level…light edge wear…light abrasion bottom spine corner. Some light blue ink production blemish at “E” in JOURNEY. Back cover is in nice shape with some storage hue along spine…general fading of the overall white background. Nice structure…book is tight and flat…nice vertical alignment with uniform 1/16-inch cover overlap to the back cover…tight rust-free staples perfectly centered. Interior off-white pages are in excellent overall condition…COMPLETE!

Top Margin Notes through the book...pretty cool:

Page 4: “THE HULK IS COMING!”

Page 11: “THERE IS ONLY ONE HULK!”

Page 21: “WHAT IS THE SECRET OF THE HULK?”

Page 29: “THE HULK --- NOW ON SALE!”

$49 shipped!

JIM81FC.jpg

JIM81BC.jpg

:takeit: per pm

Can you feel the heat...as in the recent CLINK Auction and the hotness of the Pre-Heros??!!

Still available...

JIM 58 CGC 5.0 OWW $199

JIM 79 VG-VG+ OW $49

Buy both books for $225 $199 shipped!