• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why Don't the comic publishers air commercials on T.V. & Movies?

23 posts in this topic

It would be like shooting a shotgun in the air and hoping something drops. Who says they want to promote the latest comics anyways. I think they print them, so the eventual trade paperback will hit the book stores.

Maybe not a commercial for the new issue of Batman, but I could see a commercial working with some cool panels, some kids saying "DC Comics? WOW AWESOME!" and then some sort of message about check the Yellow Pages for the nearest comic store or go to dccomics.com or something. Air it on Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network

That is if comics were even for kids anymore.

Surely that would be a pretty good step in the right direction in promoting the latest comics, wouldn't it? ???

What I have figured out is the comic book publishers are not really doing a good job of expanding their readership,as they seem to be contempt with their aging fanbase. Their business model is publish a new number 1 with a bunch of cover variants and repeat and rinse or let`s do a multiuniverse crossover every year.

Really not much growth doing it that way,sooner or later it will catch up with them. 2c

If billions have already been spent at the movies and have not had much influence in sales....then nothing can justify blowing money in 30 seconds tv ads.

We all know countless people that loved those movies and they know where those characters came from...and they simply will never spend $3 buying a comic...sad but that is the reality.

...and then some sort of message about check the Yellow Pages for the nearest comic store or go to dccomics.com or something.

Throw in the Comic Shop Locator web address somewhere too: http://www.comicshoplocator.com/

That's something that bothers me about all the comic related media (movies, tv shows, video games, etc). Has anyone EVER seen a mention of that URL in the credits of any of the movies, at the end of the cartoons, any point during the video games? I never understood why they don't promote that site better.

...and then some sort of message about check the Yellow Pages for the nearest comic store or go to dccomics.com or something.

Throw in the Comic Shop Locator web address somewhere too: http://www.comicshoplocator.com/

That's something that bothers me about all the comic related media (movies, tv shows, video games, etc). Has anyone EVER seen a mention of that URL in the credits of any of the movies, at the end of the cartoons, any point during the video games? I never understood why they don't promote that site better.

Or, better still, advertise the comic books before the movies, I mean Marvel and DC are producing the movies so why not just tag an ad onto the start of the footage?

They cant make a commercial for one specific issue cause once next issue comes out the previous commercial is no good.

Maybe if they did it for a particular character or whole company

Closest thing to a comicbook commercial that I have seen are the local Comic Book Shop commercials.

I tried to put as many comics as I could into this commercial that was shown in the Tampa area. :shy:

(tsk)

Closest thing to a comicbook commercial that I have seen are the local Comic Book Shop commercials.

I tried to put as many comics as I could into this commercial that was shown in the Tampa area. :shy:

Seeing the Rifleman, the Beat Off cover and Strawberry Shortcake makes me giggle every time.