• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old Marvels being cut..

17 posts in this topic

I have no problem with Upper Deck or anyone else cutting up old beater comics -- it makes the nice ones seem even more important... découpage anyone?

What concerns me is the intentional promotion of the idea (by Upper Deck) that these clipped panels have some sort of "value".

I have no problem with Upper Deck or anyone else cutting up old beater comics -- it makes the nice ones seem even more important... découpage anyone?

What concerns me is the intentional promotion of the idea (by Upper Deck) that these clipped panels have some sort of "value".

Well, that is certainly an interesting issue. They likely will have some value, as there will almost certainly be completionists who will want them. It would make me wince if this one was a success and they decided to start cutting up ECs or Golden Age books. :eek:

If they'll cut up a bat that was used by Babe Ruth, they don't have any rules.

I made $1200 in 2005 on a card with a piece of a bat used by Nolan Ryan so I am OK with the cutting up of bats. Stupid yes, but it would be hypocritical of me to denounce the practice after getting that sweet bread.

I agree that UD will likely cut anything up if they think it will sell boxes of cards.

They are cutting up some old busted copies. There are PLENTY of copies of old busted up Marvels. No harm, no foul.

I heard they were only using White Paged Twin Cities books. (shrug)

I made $1200 in 2005 on a card with a piece of a bat used by Nolan Ryan so I am OK with the cutting up of bats. Stupid yes, but it would be hypocritical of me to denounce the practice after getting that sweet bread.

$1,200 for a slice of bat used by a man with a lifetime batting average of .110 and 2 career home runs?

I'd say you did very well. :grin: