• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

May Featured Auction did you win or lose

256 posts in this topic

Super happy what my ASM 25 in 9.2 went for, especially given that I bought it raw on eBay for $110. Hopefully the strong prices continue!

I wanted to buy that book for my son but just WAY too strong a price for me.

Congrats! :applause:

Super happy what my ASM 25 in 9.2 went for, especially given that I bought it raw on eBay for $110. Hopefully the strong prices continue!

$110 raw on eBay becomes $1120 after Clink's 20% cut? My hat's off to you. Curse you for making want to surf eBay right now ;)

I wanted to buy that book for my son but just WAY too strong a price for me.

Congrats! :applause:

Thanks. Had it listed here for $1000 with no takers. You just never know...

$110 raw on eBay becomes $1120 after Clink's 20% cut? My hat's off to you. Curse you for making want to surf eBay right now ;)

They only take 10%, which is nice.

They only take 10%, which is nice.

I thought it was 20%, but I see:

Commissions - A ten percent (10%) seller commission is charged after the sale. No commission is levied on unsold items. This low commission translates into increased sales and a maximum percentage of the actual sale price going directly to the seller. We can say with certainty, that no other company with a comparable client base of buyers can come close to our low total commission. Without a comparable client base of buyers, comparable sales figures cannot be obtained within a comparable amount of time.

The J.I.M. #85 is already over $24K, wow.

I bid it up to $24K and someone outbid me. I figure if I won it at that price it would be a steal.

Roy (vintagecomics) had the FF #4 9.6 listed on ebay before it moved to the CL auction....

I actually sold that book to a private buyer for what I thought was a really strong price. The buyer had it in the comic link auction within a couple of days of receiving it.

I'm happy with the sale I made. Interesting to see what it does at auction.

(thumbs u

The J.I.M. #85 is already over $24K, wow.

I bid it up to $24K and someone outbid me. I figure if I won it at that price it would be a steal.

:hi:

It would be a steal, I agree. I've bid on that lot myself, but now we're entering nosebleed territory for me...

According to Tsimanga, Doug placed his 9.6 copy for Journey Into Mystery #85 with a 40K reserve on his site and it was almost met.

So, the armchair pundits might not be surprised at a result in the high 30s. That's okay. Sometimes, winning an auction is a bad result for the buyer. I'd have had to sacrifice retirement funds for that kind of top census book. I wish I could own it, but that would have caused crippling buyer's remorse later on...

Anyone won anything yet?

Zilch.

Nada.

Zero.

Nyet.

Nothing.

Looks like my last C-link auction for a while is destined to be a stinker....my bids aren't just being outdone, they are being murderlized. :ohnoez:

I'm actually starting to look back at the November 2010 Featured auction as a low point in the last few years of this comic market. Some of the quality books that I obtained in that auction, at the prices I got them for, were absolute steals. Here we are, some seven months later, and the bidders are lighting the world on fire. Feels like 2009 all over again with some of these nutty prices.

Anyone won anything yet?

Zilch.

Nada.

Zero.

Nyet.

Nothing.

Looks like my last C-link auction for a while is destined to be a stinker....my bids aren't just being outdone, they are being murderlized. :ohnoez:

I'm actually starting to look back at the November 2010 Featured auction as a low point in the last few years of this comic market. Some of the quality books that I obtained in that auction, at the prices I got them for, were absolute steals. Here we are, some seven months later, and the bidders are lighting the world on fire. Feels like 2009 all over again with some of these nutty prices.

November 2010 was definitely a low point in comics in general but it was a rough year for a lot of people because of the economy. Definitely nice to see prices rebounding.

(thumbs u