• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

May Featured Auction did you win or lose

256 posts in this topic

I was watching a bunch of OA last night. I didn't even get a chance to bid on the Colan HTD page that was up for auction. There was some fierce competition for it, but I think I know who won it.

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?id=888231

I DID win a sweet Colan 2 page spread from the Tomb of Dracula magazine. Great architectural work, beautiful sense of motion, and fantastic Palmer inks/ink wash:

RAD1C410201153_164737.jpg

And I won my first Kirby OA page. :whee:

His silver age superhero stuff is out of my league price-wise, but I loved this page from Rawhide Kid. It has some classic Kirby secondary characters. Great faces.

RAD2AAAE201152_131654.jpg

Well, for those who buy the label not the book, did rather well on this lot

CGC 9.4 ow/w Fantastic Four # 25 ........$3437

ff2594.jpg

As oppose to the CGC 9.2 ow/w ...$4101 ....same auction.

ff2592.jpg

9.2 is much nicer looking. I think we will see more of this going forward

One book that I was really interested in, but was quickly outbid was the 9.8 X-Men #120 White pages. It ended at $1,615. I don't have GPA anymore but this seems somewhat high for this book, any thoughts? Seems like prices in general were strong.

RADAB10C201159_162613.jpg

I did not win a single book in the whole auction. :acclaim:
you generally have to bid on something to have a chance to win lol

:o Now I know what went wrong doh!

lol

I was actually interested in the Bat 227 9.4 but was outbid, 1500 was my max and I was out.

One book that I was really interested in, but was quickly outbid was the 9.8 X-Men #120 White pages. It ended at $1,615. I don't have GPA anymore but this seems somewhat high for this book, any thoughts? Seems like prices in general were strong.

Price looks about right. Last recorded GPA sale was $1793 (Feb '11)

RADAB10C201159_162613.jpg

The book ended right around GPA.

Last sale was $1793 Feb. 2011.

I thought FF's were pretty strong -- the #33 was a high price, as was the White Mountain #36 and the #54 ($550). The #38 went for less than I thought, the #30 more than I thought. Both were excellent looking comics.

Biggest surprise to me was the #17 in 9.4 (Northland, white pages) only going for $4600 or something? I should have bid!

Dan

Yep I was gunning for the #33, but got outsniped on a price I thought was too high anyway. All's well that ends well.

I thought FF's were pretty strong -- the #33 was a high price, as was the White Mountain #36 and the #54 ($550). The #38 went for less than I thought, the #30 more than I thought. Both were excellent looking comics.

Biggest surprise to me was the #17 in 9.4 (Northland, white pages) only going for $4600 or something? I should have bid!

Dan

Yep I was gunning for the #33, but got outsniped on a price I thought was too high anyway. All's well that ends well.

The #33 looked like a 9.6 hiding a 9.4 slab