• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

May Featured Auction did you win or lose

256 posts in this topic

I've never bought on Comic Link before and I'm having a hard time finding information on shipping costs and other post auction fees. Can anyone tell me what to expect in terms of additional costs if I win an auction? Or just provide a link to a page that spells it out, terms and conditions was pretty vague.

3% buyers fee if paying by credit card (no fee if check, M.O., etc).

15 bucks for shipping (up to 3 books ) in the U.S.

Frek me! costs $45 to ship 3 books to Hawaii! :screwy::pullhair:

Roy (vintagecomics) had the FF #4 9.6 listed on ebay before it moved to the CL auction....

I actually sold that book to a private buyer for what I thought was a really strong price. The buyer had it in the comic link auction within a couple of days of receiving it.

I'm happy with the sale I made. Interesting to see what it does at auction.

(thumbs u

Let us know if the owner made a profit.

:popcorn:

$83,022 for the 8.5 FF#1! After 10%, that's roughly a profit of $5719.80 in 3 years. Not exactly a stellar return, but being in the green is better than in the red

This was one of a couple auctions I was watching closely. First Metropolis sells a copy for $300,000 (9.4) and now a 8.5 goes for $83,000.

Wonder what my 8.0 might be worth hm

I`ll pay you 200,000. Hongkies, that is! (:

Roy (vintagecomics) had the FF #4 9.6 listed on ebay before it moved to the CL auction....

I actually sold that book to a private buyer for what I thought was a really strong price. The buyer had it in the comic link auction within a couple of days of receiving it.

I'm happy with the sale I made. Interesting to see what it does at auction.

(thumbs u

Let us know if the owner made a profit.

:popcorn:

Apparently not.

End up scoring a couple of books from the ones that ended later in the evening, but this one was probably my favorite. Been wanting to put together a nice mini run of 48, 49, 50, and 55 for a while now, and this will be a good start. Looks like a very sharp 9.2.

RAD6262D2011426_155742.jpg

Well--another Black Terror # 1 come and gone--I know it sold for basically guide (and basically the same price it sold for 2 years back), but given that there are like 6 collectors for it, I thought I might snag it for $100 or so less.

There are probably a lot more than 6 Black Terror collectors.

I bought my #1 6.5 in Feb 2010.

My friend's Detective 241 in 8.5 (highest graded) went for $2322.00.

He bought it off ebay for $150.00 last year.

Wow! What a result for your pal.

If the auction winner reads this they will know the book has been acquired the hard way...!

Amazed at some of the prices on the SA Action Comics. Even at CGC 9.6 these prices in the teens of hundreds are extremely high. Time was - not that long ago - 1960s Actions non-keys in NM/NM+ were under $100 books.

After the price rise and slump on Action #285 again a CGC 9.4 selling well over $2000.

End up scoring a couple of books from the ones that ended later in the evening, but this one was probably my favorite. Been wanting to put together a nice mini run of 48, 49, 50, and 55 for a while now, and this will be a good start. Looks like a very sharp 9.2.

That was a great price on that book, nice pickup! (thumbs u

My meager winnings from last night. I bid high on a couple of other Chamber of Chills but still got outbid. I didn't know the title supported prices that high.

RADB0E8E2011510_9343.jpg

RAD276A52011415_172654.jpg

Worst cold turkey from comic collecting... ever!

Worst cold turkey from comic collecting... ever!

I figure I have about 10 days to go on one last buying binge. :P

The AF 15 4.0 OW went for a strong $6800

Finally ASM 25 at 9.2 and 28 at 9.0 got some well earned respect.

I too got outbid (or should I say destroyed) on the 3 ASM's I liked.

The #5 7.5 OW old label went for a GPA high of $1535

The #13 in 9.2 KILLED at $5211 ($2k higher than all GPA data) :screwy:

The #17 in 9.2 white went nutso at $2988 (last GPA was $1500 and $1900) and it was just $1500 with 30 minutes left. :pullhair:

Pretty much every ASM that I looked at went very high.

Oh well. Another day another drool inducing auction watched in agony. :whistle:

The #17 in 9.2 white went nutso at $2988 (last GPA was $1500 and $1900) and it was just $1500 with 30 minutes left. :pullhair:

ASM 17 9.2 went for around GPA 9.4's sell for. It was one of those "original owner collection" books which all seemed to do really really well.

I was high bidder on this:

RAD1C8E72011225_174133.jpg

But it didn't meet reserve. (shrug)

A very nice book. I wish your bid had won it :(

Tell me about it, "underbidder" is my middle name at this point...Actually, I'm the underbidder to the underbidder...

Underbidder on three mundane (but nice) FF's and winner of two, one at my max and one under it.

Missed out on that FF #12 in 7.5 (white pages) that looked STUNNING on the front cover. Anyone pick up that fine book?

Dan