• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Legendary Runs

95 posts in this topic

I'm not looking for your run of the mill artist or writer.

Think of it like we are given the chance to put together a time capsule that will be opened by people 1000 years from now, and we can put the best of the best inside of it.

What was the lightning in the bottle for you? When the planets aligned and a comic couldn't have been any better.

Sound off like you've got a pair! :sumo:

Romita Sr = Amazing Spider-Man

Frank Miller = Daredevil

Johnny Craig = Crime SuspenStories

Bernie Wrightson = Swamp Thing

Graham Ingels = Haunt of Fear

Mike Ploog = Werewolf by Night

Gene Colan = Tomb of Dracula

Frank Miller = DKR

Carmine Infantino = The Flash

Just as an example.

Byrne - X-Men

Infantino's Adam Strange in Mystery In Space. When I discovered these comics, they knocked The Flash right off his top o' the heap perch in my world.

Sienkiewicz's Moon Knight. The best place to watch the evolution of his style.

Think of it like we are given the chance to put together a time capsule that will be opened by people 1000 years from now, and we can put the best of the best inside of it.

What was the lightning in the bottle for you? When the planets aligned and a comic couldn't have been any better.

Seeing as you've mentioned EC, and as a big 50's SF fan, I'll go with...

Wally Wood and Al Feldstein = Weird Science + Weird Fantasy + Weird Science-Fantasy + Incredible Science Fiction

Also doesn't hurt any to have Al Williamson and Frank Frazetta in there as well. (thumbs u

Seeing as you've mentioned EC, and as a big 50's SF fan, I'll go with...

Wally Wood and Al Feldstein = Weird Science + Weird Fantasy + Weird Science-Fantasy + Incredible Science Fiction

Also doesn't hurt any to have Al Williamson and Frank Frazetta in there as well. (thumbs u

I had to leave some spaces to be filled in by other people.

Wood and Feldstein :cloud9:

Frazetta (worship)

Dont know if its really considered legendary at this point (although it should be someday), but one of the best runs I ever read is Kirkman & Adlard's"The Prison" run in the Walking Dead (Issues 13 - 48). Very well written and produced! (thumbs u