• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

High grade bronze horror dead? Not according to some recent numbers from ComicLink:

Chamber of Darkness #1 CGC 9.8 $1,500 (9.6 usually $300 or so)

Ghosts #1 CGC 9.6 $1,900 (keep in mind a 9.4 can barely sell for $500)

I hope they enjoy 'em...cause my bid was half... lol

Chamber went for over $3K (shrug)

Oh yeah...I forgot to update it. That price is scarier than the internal content. And it is NOT well registered. The Tower of Shadows went for $1,500. Nuts. Looks shilly to me. I'm just having a tuff time thinking these prices are legit because I know how soft demand is for most of this...must be #1 mania.

The only book I nabbed was the Phantom Stranger #4...decent price at < $400 for a nice Adams cover and only 1 of 2 in grade highest. #1 went for too high of a price and the ULC was too distracting.

High grade bronze horror dead? Not according to some recent numbers from ComicLink:

Chamber of Darkness #1 CGC 9.8 $1,500 (9.6 usually $300 or so)

Ghosts #1 CGC 9.6 $1,900 (keep in mind a 9.4 can barely sell for $500)

I hope they enjoy 'em...cause my bid was half... lol

I have $500 waiting for a well centered and unfugly 9.4 copy of Ghosts #1.

I would've gladly sold you mine if I had nabbed the 9.6. I even subbed it. Decent registration and White pages. :cloud9:

nice! I need that one... So, what goodies did you bring back?

I have almost a complete run of Chamber of Chills from 12 to 23 that I need to submit soon. The #16 is a 9.8 candidate if ever I saw one. And the nicest TOD #2 and 10 I have ever owned. They are at CGC now.

And Werewolf by Night/TOD Squarebounds seemed to jump out at you in Chicago so I picked up quite a few copies.

Fear Squarebounds were plentiful in 9.4 condition so I grabbed a few and hope to scan a cover shot or two this week.

Well, if your #16 is better than 9.4, come find me to sell me your leftover scraps. lol

I believe #1, #16 and #25 is all I have left on the COC series.

I'm collecting all of the marvel monster books in 9.8; however some titles/issues are waaayyy out of line. #2 is a major pain in 9.8...worthy of the premium. I'm in no rush on these books as I'm applying major restraint on those titles.

Wow,

Sweet Neal Adams horror grail listed on ComicLink. Wish I had the 10K to drop. Actually the price seems a little crazy to me, even with the pedigree involved. Ok, just checked GPA. The exact same PC Copy sold in 2004 for $546, and an Oakland 9.4 sold in May this year just shy of 2K. This seller is being a bit optimistic.

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?id=809219

RADB19D72009830_1921.jpg

Wow,

Sweet Neal Adams horror grail listed on ComicLink. Wish I had the 10K to drop. Actually the price seems a little crazy to me, even with the pedigree involved. Ok, just checked GPA. The exact same PC Copy sold in 2004 for $546, and an Oakland 9.4 sold in May this year just shy of 2K. This seller is being a bit optimistic.

RADB19D72009830_1921.jpg

Overly optimistic X2.

Hey, if Ghosts #1 can go for $2k...this price is in the realm of possibility. HOS #81 doesn't grow on trees...in high grade anyway.

I'm playing go fish with the market since prices have spiked. Forget about GPA on this book...I paid many times over whatever GPA says the last sale was--and it wasn't recorded either. I also just sold a 9.0 for $450...that didn't make it into GPA.

Hey, if Ghosts #1 can go for $2k...this price is in the realm of possibility. HOS #81 doesn't grow on trees...in high grade anyway.

I'm playing go fish with the market since prices have spiked. Forget about GPA on this book...I paid many times over whatever GPA says the last sale was--and it wasn't recorded either. I also just sold a 9.0 for $450...that didn't make it into GPA.

$450 for a 9.0 sounds fairly healthy, Sterling - what is that in relation to 9.0 GPA sales?

Wow,

RADB19D72009830_1921.jpg

I'll hook you up with a stunning 9.2 White for less than half the price. :gossip:

$450 for a 9.0 sounds fairly healthy, Sterling - what is that in relation to 9.0 GPA sales?

No idea...just saying that GPA is not very current on this book since it doesn't exchange hands often and when it does it may not be recorded.

journeyintomystery-3.jpg

Anyone know where the word shambler comes from? There's no formal dictionary entry, but it is often referenced as a 'doom' type, horrific monster.

I always seem to equate that shambler from the stars, with shambler from the sea in the doctor strange (marvel premiere) series.