• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

BTW, are there any current/Modern horror/mystery books on the market?

Are there any talks of bringing back HOM? Can we sign a petition?

Sterling, there are plenty of these books on the market right now. In fact, horror has within the last year or so made itself a viable genre with smaller publishers again. That is one reason why I review many modern books in my fanzine, because I know that most "advanced" collectors are caught up in a back-issue vacuum, completely oblivious to the current comic market.

As for HoM, I haven't heard a peep about it coming back, but I don't think you can ever count that out. Frankly, I'm surprised DC/Vertigo hasn't leapt at the chance to cash in on the current popularity of horror comics, and Marvel as well. Marvel has released the Essential Tomb of Dracula and The Witches ( Dr. Strange type stuff), but they haven't delved into true anthology horror yet. As for Vertigo, I would have thought they would be all over it by now, but they are completely missing the boat. I'm very let down!

Sterling, there are plenty of these books on the market right now. In fact, horror has within the last year or so made itself a viable genre with smaller publishers again. That is one reason why I review many modern books in my fanzine, because I know that most "advanced" collectors are caught up in a back-issue vacuum, completely oblivious to the current comic market.

As for HoM, I haven't heard a peep about it coming back, but I don't think you can ever count that out. Frankly, I'm surprised DC/Vertigo hasn't leapt at the chance to cash in on the current popularity of horror comics, and Marvel as well. Marvel has released the Essential Tomb of Dracula and The Witches ( Dr. Strange type stuff), but they haven't delved into true anthology horror yet. As for Vertigo, I would have thought they would be all over it by now, but they are completely missing the boat. I'm very let down!

It would be cool to see HoM back, but i don't see DC/Vertigo and Marvel doing anything about it.

It just looks like IDW are going to rule the Horror section of comics in moderns confused-smiley-013.gif

It would be cool to see HoM back, but i don't see DC/Vertigo and Marvel doing anything about it.

It just looks like IDW are going to rule the Horror section of comics in moderns confused-smiley-013.gif

94881695250.1.GIF

94881695250.1.GIF

Did that ever amass to a run? 893whatthe.gif

I believe there was only one issue or so.

Does anyone have any recommendations on books I can purchase today in Moderns to feed my need for horror? I've heard a few but a comprehensive list would be nice.

Thanks for the info, pck.

Does anyone have any recommendations on books I can purchase today in Moderns to feed my need for horror? I've heard a few but a comprehensive list would be nice.

There are a few IDW ones you might consider picking up, 30 Days of Night, Dark Days, Return to Barrow etc.

Vampire stuff mostly

And here's a cover gallery of the 1999-2001 Vertigo series "Flinch." I picked up a couple of these, don't have any really strong memories of the few I sampled, but the creators' credits look mighty fine: thumbsup2.gif

Bruce Jones

Richard Corben

Frank Quitely

Paul Gulacy

Garth Ennis

Tim Truman

Jim Lee

Bill Willingham

Phil Jimenez

David Lloyd

"Welcome Back to the HoM" was reprints, and only one issue tmk.

"House of Secrets: Foundation" was a continuos story arc, not the traditional anthology style. It was a decent enough character study mixing psychological and supernatural horror, but nothing to blow your doors off. I never read more than the "Foundation" series, I believe there was another called "Facade."

Sterling, check out my Horror Comics Review website (check my sig) under the "print version reviews" link. I can recommend all those titles listed there.

For the lazy or click impaired:

Night Terrors (Chanting Monks) #1: Joe Monks & Bernie Wrightson - HCR #1

Moonstone Monsters:Ghosts (Moonstone): various, HCR #3

Devil's Footprints (Dark Horse) #1-4: Scott Allie, Paul Lee, Brian Horton. HCR #2

Moonstone Monsters: Mummies (Moonstone): various,HCR #3

The Goon: Nothin' but Misery TPB (Dark Horse): Eric Powell, HCR #2

Frankenstein Mobster #1 (Image): Mark Wheatley, HCR#3

Morbid #1 (Dark Horse): Pete Von Sholly, HCR#3

Kolchak: Tales of the Night Stalker #1(Moonstone): Dave Ulanski, Chris Marrinan, Keith Williams, HCR#3

Book of Hauntings HB (Dark Horse): various, HCR#3

Crazy Hip Groovy Go-Go Way Out Monsters (TwoMorrows): Pete Von Sholly, HCR#3

Criminal Macabre #1-5 (Dark Horse): Steve Niles, Ben Templesmith, HCR #3

No, I like seeing them all. If it's easier, you can just send them to me insane.gif

lol No problem! I'll put 'em up here for everyone to enjoy! I'll just start at 11 (where the lot began) and start working my way back... granted, this will take a while... but this is the INFINITE Bronze Horror Thread, right? Not the Soon-To-Terminate Bronze Horror Thread?