• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

This has been discussed before, and the conclusion was no Adams. However, it looks suspiciously like Adams to me. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I agree. My knee jerk reaction is that it is another classic Adams cover (kids and all)...

No doubt House of Mystery 174 paved the way for the resurgence of mystery books. I do however have no informaiton surrounding the Infantino/Adams collaboration on the 174 cover...any information from the collective would be very interesting...

This has been discussed before, and the conclusion was no Adams. However, it looks suspiciously like Adams to me. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If it was not Adams then why would he have personally signed the cover.... cloud9.gif

You guys might have discussed and dismissed but obviously adams believed he worked on it.

No doubt House of Mystery 174 paved the way for the resurgence of mystery books. I do however have no informaiton surrounding the Infantino/Adams collaboration on the 174 cover...any information from the collective would be very interesting...

If it was not Adams then why would he have personally signed the cover.... cloud9.gif

You guys might have discussed and dismissed but obviously adams believed he worked on it.

I didn't personally dismiss it as I recall the book being noted as an Adams cover by sellers on ebay back in 98/99, regardless of OS's notations (and they did backtrack on his art credits on Our Army at War 244, so they are mere, fallable mortals), as well as the fact it looks like Adams. OS doesn't note the cover artist, and the GCD notes it as:

Cover Credits:

Carmine Infantino (Pencils) George Roussos (Inks) ? (Colors) ? (Letters)

Also, Neal Adams own checklist doesn't list it, although I have to wonder if Spyda compiled the list from published references (before asking his dad to do another Green Lantern sketch so he could sell it on ebay for $600-800) as opposed to Neal compiling the list from memory and/or some official payment records.

That said...let's see that cover proof! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

hmmmm... i don't see any Adams in either the composition or the penciling/inking. Its far too static in my opinion. Perhaps he suggested the imagery idea, but not the execution? Maybe he was involved with Jack Adler in the coloring process?

I've always felt Adams had some collaboration/ input on this cover myself. Mostly based on the kids.

Anybody get to the San Diego Con? Any reports? confused-smiley-013.gif

But didn't Infantino as first Art Director and then Executive Editor or Editorial Director or whatever lay out most of the covers first anyway? As speculated above, the kids may have been an editorial dictate in any event... confused-smiley-013.gif