• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

27_laughing.gif

Wow, Keith is unchained! (Make note, NEVER sell overgraded book to Keith) grin.gif

of course I am not laughing at your dissatisfaction, I have been burned by them myself. I am glad Sid had better luck. I am not sure if i can do it again or not....

Yeah, I am happy with the quality of my MH order, but wait until I go over them for CGC potential. That's when all the flaws will pop up and I'll have to lower my average grade for the order. But I was happy with the books, and although I'm sure there were some possibly down to VF+ at the most, the majority of the books look quite nice. Remember, these were inexpensive books. More likely to be high grade than the more costlier ones. -----Sid

And maybe that explains why I agree with POV, the 20 centers, i.e. the Cardy covers, really grab you in high grade: you want to see those day-glo colors at their peak.

Cardy? Nick Cardy? confused.gif

Yes!

And maybe that explains why I agree with POV, the 20 centers, i.e. the Cardy covers, really grab you in high grade: you want to see those day-glo colors at their peak.

Yessireebob. Nick Cardy aka Nicholas Viscardi. Did some Golden Age work for Quality Comics, was one of Eisner's assistants. (Remember that Aquaman 42 logo-busting cover?) No doubt he also worked in pre-Code horror... any favorites you can point me to?

Yessireebob. Nick Cardy aka Nicholas Viscardi. Did some Golden Age work for Quality Comics, was one of Eisner's assistants. (Remember that Aquaman 42 logo-busting cover?) No doubt he also worked in pre-Code horror... any favorites you can point me to?

Well, in my old collect lots of GA years I remember him from Jungle, Jumbo, Fight, Planet and WIngs. And now I find he is doing some of the DC BA Horror I am loving? Too much!!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to share.

I picked this one up about 12 years ago at the San Diego Comic Con. I had just purchased it for $5, when I left the dealer, turned the corner and almost literally ran into Wrightson. He was having a conversation about the scariest thing he'd ever dealt with: His teenage son. I waited for a moment & then asked if he'd sign it - he was a gentleman & did!

HOM179.jpg

27_laughing.gif

Wow, Keith is unchained! (Make note, NEVER sell overgraded book to Keith) grin.gif

of course I am not laughing at your dissatisfaction, I have been burned by them myself. I am glad Sid had better luck. I am not sure if i can do it again or not....

Haha, wow! Amazing the type of posts one can come up with after a very bad day and a few beers! insane.gif

Actually, I would never publicly call out a board member whom I traded with/bought from over this particular book. If I had a beef with a fellow collector I would certainly keep it PM'd. God knows I have a lot to learn myself when it comes to strict grading in the "high grade" area. Hell, sometimes I still catch myself slipping and calling G material VG!! boo.gif

However, Mile High did break one off in me on this deal. Being as they are making a living dealing comics (professionals) I therefore hold them to a higher standard. They sure don't grade as well as Shiver or Zonker - two excellent, tight graders in my book!

Hope this posts ok....

Guess which HoS this is, hehe ....

... and the crease is actually 1/16 shy of being 1/2" long! Also, it makes the corner bend up so that it doesn't lay flat... some "NM"... I'm not even showing the 8 color breaking spine stresses...

574800-corner2.jpg

574800-corner2.jpg.ff0d052d6e72d4796438a6d3b5c68d24.jpg

Edited by precodekeith