• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

I'm sure I didn't pick up anything that you don't already have! Picked up primarily earlier Witching Hours, including several from Bruno Something-or-other, a Canadian dealer, as well as a dealer from New Mexico with the sign "We Buy Comics." While I shelled out a few dollars to both Ted from Superworld and Motor City for some of my favorite covers, when examining my books after the the convention it struck me yet again that many of the books I accrued at a discount were as nice as my higher-dollar books. My problem is patience - it's just so easy to fork a few dollars over to Ted as opposed to waiting for a book to appear on eBay...

The Brute in Pulp? OK, you gotta point out where that is, I've got the DVD.

There ya' go. Another guy like me mainly going for the best covers. I think that is going to dictate what is rare or not. The "rare" books are just in the collectors hands already. The lessor cool covers are probably what is still sitting in all those boxes.

I agree with cons and Ebay. I mainly use Ebay to buy large lots to flip as I can get some pretty good deals that way. But for buying individual copies and buying my favorites, the cons are the best way to go for sure. Plus, it's instant gratification. -----Sid

While we are still OT on cereal: Does anyone remember those "flexi records" that came on the cereal boxes?

I distinctly remember "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" on the back of the HoneyComb cereal: pictured in the URL below.

There's plenty of comic culture like Archie that made it on as a record too.

http://www.wfmu.org/MACrec/cbmany.html

Hey Sterling, that record really rings a bell with me too! Wow, thanks for the link! I am trying to find all the spooky influence i had as a kid, and i think that record is one of them. I'd love to hear it again! If only i could turn up that monsters book i had.... It was similar size to a coloring book. It had an orange front with a green faced vampire in a top hat on the front and maybe some movie film on the bottom. It was the coolest thing in the world to me then, but i have never seen another one. I remember one page had ways to tell if someone was a werewolf, and showed eyebrows growing together as a sign. I still look at people with a unibrow and think...WEREWOLF! It may have been made by Golden, Whitman or Scholastic and probably came out in 1977 or so. Any help would be GREAT!!

While we are still OT on cereal: Does anyone remember those "flexi records" that came on the cereal boxes?

I distinctly remember "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" on the back of the HoneyComb cereal: pictured in the URL below.

Actually yes, I remember. Don't remember which cereal or which record, but there were some cheap little records attached to some of those cereal boxes back then. I guess the modern equivalent would be an AOL CD Rom. foreheadslap.gif

Actually yes, I remember. Don't remember which cereal or which record, but there were some cheap little records attached to some of those cereal boxes back then. I guess the modern equivalent would be an AOL CD Rom. foreheadslap.gif

The Archies records were a huge thing back in 1971, I think it was. I remember cutting them from the boxes and playing them endlessly (now, I'm not only old, but have/had bad taste in music).

The best modern equivalent I've seen was a box of Total I bought that had a DVD of Barney Miller episodes on it. Pretty cool show.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Personally, I liked Franken Berry the best ooo.gif

tic523.jpgbox247.jpg

box1230.jpgtic567.jpg

Oh my, Hooter and pop rockets....not going there foreheadslap.gif

Franken Berry seemed a little girlish to me... c'mon it's a PINK BOX! laugh.gif

[no pun intended or inferred or implied]

Count Chocula rules!

893applaud-thumb.gif

Personally, I liked Franken Berry the best ooo.gif

tic523.jpgbox247.jpg

box1230.jpgtic567.jpg

Oh my, Hooter and pop rockets....not going there foreheadslap.gif

Franken Berry seemed a little girlish to me... c'mon it's a PINK BOX! laugh.gif

[no pun intended or inferred or implied]

Count Chocula rules!

Yeah, and Boo Berry looks a little stoned. crazy.gif

Dang Dice, thats some quick researching!!!

OH, and that skeleton is the coolest damm thing! I love talented street performers, thats a serious skill he has there!

sign-offtopic.gif

Dang Dice, thats some quick researching!!!

OH, and that skeleton is the coolest damm thing! I love talented street performers, thats a serious skill he has there!

sign-offtopic.gif

Lil' Greggy's been the serious OT cop recently. Go get 'em Gregory. thumbsup2.gif

Man, that Sleepy Hollow record looks sooo familiar!! It's one of those things that I THINK I might have had when I was very young, but can't be 100% certain. Regadrless, it's pretty damn cool.

Wasn't Yummy Mummy the same basic formula as Fruit Brute? Didn't Mummy come out after they stopped making Brute? Anyone? confused-smiley-013.gif

Welcome to the new and improved, fruity-flavored relaunching of.....

"THE INFINITE BRONZE CEREAL THREAD"

Anyone coming to the first thread party dressed as Frankenberry will be redirected to the Village People reunion going on elsewhere.