• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

Here are the other last gasp horror issues (I've already posted the Dr Graves issues) for Charlton before folding up shop in 1986.

Thanks to Shiver for identifying them... thumbsup2.gif

Tales of the Mysterious Traveler #14 - Steve Ditko Cover

Has a new interior story by Ditko.

ms14.jpg

Jim

Professor Coffin #20 - Wayne Howard Cover

Contains new stories by Howard, Joe Staton, and everyone's Charlton horror favorite, Tom Sutton.

pc20.jpg

Jim

I think Howard doesn't get any respect!

This is the version I was talking about a couple weeks ago; with the "Dr. Weirtham" sign. Guess this was the later version, and someone at Charlton had the humor enough to change the name the second time around..... good joke! thumbsup2.gif

Hey guys, what's up with this HOM cover? check the link:

http://archangels.com/db_detail.php?id=371

How come the "O" in the word "Demon" (bottom right of the cover) is all filled in with that pinkish-red color? I've seen other copies of this book where this is not the case, and the "O" is just filled in with white like the rest of the logo...I know POV was posting awhile back about weird colors on covers and such...anybody have any idea what this is? Some weird printing/ink error? Or did some kid take a crayon to this book and it still got a 9.6??

confused.gif

Hey guys, what's up with this HOM cover? check the link:

http://archangels.com/db_detail.php?id=371

How come the "O" in the word "Demon" (bottom right of the cover) is all filled in with that pinkish-red color? I've seen other copies of this book where this is not the case, and the "O" is just filled in with white like the rest of the logo...I know POV was posting awhile back about weird colors on covers and such...anybody have any idea what this is? Some weird printing/ink error? Or did some kid take a crayon to this book and it still got a 9.6??

confused.gif

Looks like a printing error based on the colors and similarity to the crouching demon above it. I suppose technically, it is probably a stripper's error - they forgot to fully hold back the colors when making up the flats that eventually get burned to make the final negatives the printer burns the plates from.

Jayman, didn't know about the DC Special 4. It's on my list now! thumbsup2.gif

Wow, the 9.8 went for under $400. That's about right I think. I have a 9.6 copy and considering SCS these days I didn't feel like it was justified.

BTW, I have a dozen HOM books coming back next week--I am happy with the grades. Took a risk and didn't use the pregrade; everything back UNRESTORED 9.0 or better 893applaud-thumb.gif (lots of Wrightson covers)

Jayman, didn't know about the DC Special 4. It's on my list now! thumbsup2.gif

Wow, the 9.8 went for under $400. That's about right I think. I have a 9.6 copy and considering SCS these days I didn't feel like it was justified.

BTW, I have a dozen HOM books coming back next week--I am happy with the grades. Took a risk and didn't use the pregrade; everything back UNRESTORED 9.0 or better 893applaud-thumb.gif (lots of Wrightson covers)

Cool, just don't snatch 'em all up, I still need a HG copy!

Good deal on your HOM return grades! I have never submitted a book, pregrading costs more?

BTW: Here is a book that I've had for years in a lower grade and upon upgrading it found it contained this cool one page ad/promo for HOS. Issue dated 1969 came out a month after DC Special # 4. 2nd mention HOS? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

637365-HOM%23182.jpg

House of Secrets promo page...

637365-HOM%23182AdSplash.jpg

589a8c270a0b1_637365-HOM182AdSplash.jpg.c3031653910e9b1be50d364bb789a3a3.jpg

HighVoltage,

Your DC Special 9.2 is a beaut! I fully agree this issue just shot to the top of my favorites list also. I do have the Super DC Giant 20 which is also a killer book along with this issue IMHO!

637374-SuperDCGiant%2323.jpg

589a8c270df2d_637374-SuperDCGiant23.jpg.60c56ddc25641e98a5505880efbfa35b.jpg