• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,915 posts in this topic

Yeah, well that IS a classic! hail.gif

Although he didn't do a such a great job on Cain's face there did he? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah, noticed that myself. crazy.gif

I've always thought Cain was added on as an editorial after-thought to that story. You saw that a lot with the reprints during the 52-page period, where the stories were retroactively adopted as being narrated by Cain. IIRC, the epilogue to Nightmare also has Cain tacked on, and drawn in a very non-Adams style?

I wonder if Adams completed the story and then shopped it around to Marvel, Warren, and DC? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Unfortunately when it comes to the Horror comics I have almost all Marvel and some choice Charltons.

By this I mean, I have heard some good things about many of the DC titles, but to try and track them down now is a task I just can't handle.

I need two more Wrightson Swamp Things...

I do have a Spectre/ Adventure Comics run... (Aparo! Grell!)

I am a big Warren fan..anyone else?

Let's hear it for the best Horror series of all time...possibly the best of the Bronze era...

Tomb of Dracula...

hail.gif

I've always thought Cain was added on as an editorial after-thought to that story. You saw that a lot with the reprints during the 52-page period, where the stories were retroactively adopted as being narrated by Cain. IIRC, the epilogue to Nightmare also has Cain tacked on, and drawn in a very non-Adams style?

I wonder if Adams completed the story and then shopped it around to Marvel, Warren, and DC? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Very good point Zonker!

I didn't stop to think about that possibility when I posted my original reply and it is probably true (I could picture Uncle Creepy or Cousin Eerie in place of Cain). The story is so related in my mind with DC and HOM, it is hard to think what Marvel book it would have appeared in. Maybe one of their b/w mags?

Oh, BTW...to all you Horror Heads!

764368-HappyEaster.jpg

27_laughing.gif

Ya know, my girlfriend and I were out buying candy yesterday so we could throw together some Easter baskets for my little relatives, and of course while I was picking out chocolate bunnies I was reminded of...... well, I'm sure you all know the story by now. wink.gif

764368-HappyEaster.jpg

27_laughing.gif

Ya know, my girlfriend and I were out buying candy yesterday so we could throw together some Easter baskets for my little relatives, and of course while I was picking out chocolate bunnies I was reminded of...... well, I'm sure you all know the story by now. wink.gif

yeahok.gif

764368-HappyEaster.jpg

27_laughing.gif

yeahok.gif
893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Unfortunately when it comes to the Horror comics I have almost all Marvel and some choice Charltons.

By this I mean, I have heard some good things about many of the DC titles, but to try and track them down now is a task I just can't handle.

I need two more Wrightson Swamp Things...

I do have a Spectre/ Adventure Comics run... (Aparo! Grell!)

I am a big Warren fan..anyone else?

Let's hear it for the best Horror series of all time...possibly the best of the Bronze era...

Tomb of Dracula...

hail.gif

Dort, welcome to the boards. You'll soon notice that Marvel horror gets very little airtime here. Marvel BA Horror is the Rodney Dangerfield of the genre as most guys consider it just Superheroes made to look like monsters. However I grew up on Tomb Of Dracula and Werewolf By Night and have been a fan of those books for 30 years. I had all but ignored the DCs until about a year or so ago when I discovered my CGC Forum Bronze Horror buddies and they turned me into another DC Bronze Horror droid. I still remember my Marvel roots back in the 70s though when buying the newest issue of TOD and WBN was the greatest day of the month.

Dort, you may not have started yet with your DC Bronze horror, but hang around here for a while longer and you'll end up like Tom Cruise in The Firm. There is no way out. Might as well just give up and start buying your DCs now.

I still remember my Marvel roots back in the 70s though when buying the newest issue of TOD and WBN was the greatest day of the month.

Amen to that Sid...and in that vein...

Tomb of Dracula #2 John Severin cover

tod2.jpg

Jim

Tomb of Dracula #6 Neal Adams cover

tod6.jpg

Jim

685906-PhantomStranger%2314.jpg

Not to divert the Marvel traffic but I never have seen TOD # 6 before and it reminded me of this cover. So for comparisons sake...compare.