• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

I'm sure if the need arises, you can just repost a scan. I'm not sure how many people are willing to go back and relook at this entire thread anyway...

I tend to agree with Jim on this. Like Sid mentioned as well, I only read the new posts that come out, and don't really ever go back to the old stuff.

BTW -Jbud, that is a great HoM 290! thumbsup2.gif

We have two votes for "keeping it the way it is".

And one vote for shopping at "S-Mart". cloud9.gif

That's where I got my 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. You can find it in the sporting goods department. That's right, it was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan; retails for about one hundred nine, ninety-five. cloud9.gif

27_laughing.gif Sorry, I missed out on the reparte. But I like to actually sleep at night. tongue.gif

"This is my BOOM STICK!" headbang.gif

10101910.jpg

BTW - I also would vote to keep the BA horror in one thread. hi.gif

Sleep is for the weak!

juggle.gif I'm kinda torn on this one - I love all the scans, but seeing all the covers that I've never seen before, especially the Charltons makes me buy more comics.

Oh, and I have to give props to the 2 latest additions to the HG raw HOM run that has been 3 years in the putting together.

the 290 came courtesy of Red Beard Comics thumbsup2.gif

and surprise surprise the 224 is one of Greggy's cast offs. thumbsup2.gif

I like cover scans, but it seems like most people who view this thread have already seen 90%+ of the BA horror covers out there. After seeing a few of the splash pages posted, and seeing the Wrightson splashes on the website someone posted in another thread, I think I would like more interior art on here

yes, they have have seen the covers, but sharing our personal copies is what it's about. Plus you get to keep up with the Jones's as far as who has what gossip.gif I do agree however that we need to mix it up a little more and comment on interior stories and art.

yes, they have have seen the covers, but sharing our personal copies is what it's about. Plus you get to keep up with the Jones's as far as who has what gossip.gif I do agree however that we need to mix it up a little more and comment on interior stories and art.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing them...and hate seeing them at the same time since they make most of my copies look like [#@$%!!!]. tongue.gif

I may have missed it but I don't remember anyone discussing new BA horror prices in the new Overstreet guide. I just got mine today. Some people really care about this stuff, some don't, but either way I thought I'd list some 9.2 comparison prices for select books. First price is 2004 and second price is 2005.

HoM:

174 95.00, 115.00

178 75.00, 85.00

195 70.00, 80.00

200 48.00, 55.00

204 35.00, 38.00

224-229 55.00, 60.00

236 18.00, 20.00

260-289 9.00, 9.00

290 20.00, 24.00

HoS:

81 90.00, 115.00

92 800.00, 850.00

100 48.00, 55.00

121-133 12.00, 14.00

DC Super 100 #4 240.00, 260.00

Ghosts

1 170.00, 190.00

11-20 20.00, 22.00

Weird War Tales

1 320.00, 340.00

21-35 18.00, 20.00

64 20.00, 30.00

68 20.00, 22.00

Anyway, that's a few of them.

HAH! People SAY they want interiors, but I posted several panels from ghosts #105 and not a single person commented on them! frustrated.gif

The overstreet seemed to just bump everything a token bump across the board. Some deserved it, some didn't. None of the grades fine or below should have gone up, but they did. Still tons of incorrect info such as fantasy wrightson issues, and still no breaking out of books that deserve to be broken out. I didn't expect much from them, and got exactly what I expected! grin.gif

Certainly Shiver. They just generalize most runs of 5-20 books only breaking out obvious standouts like Wrightson covers and 1st Frank Miller,etc. They make no differentiation of standard books that just have the best covers, which in my opinion is what makes a non-key breakout book.

I'm curious as to what many of you consider to be the unlisted "breakout books". We've talked about hard to find in high grade before, many times. Are these the breakout books, or just the HTF books? I've been buying alot, but selling very little in this genre, I'm curious from you sellers out there what specific books (outside of the obvious) have the most demand, and your guess as to why.

Certainly Shiver. They just generalize most runs of 5-20 books only breaking out obvious standouts like Wrightson covers and 1st Frank Miller,etc. They make no differentiation of standard books that just have the best covers, which in my opinion is what makes a non-key breakout book.

I'm curious as to what many of you consider to be the unlisted "breakout books". We've talked about hard to find in high grade before, many times. Are these the breakout books, or just the HTF books? I've been buying alot, but selling very little in this genre, I'm curious from you sellers out there what specific books (outside of the obvious) have the most demand, and your guess as to why.

As a newbie collector of Bronze Horror, I would be interested as well. grin.gif

Don't mean to bust up the party, guys.

I have new books to show off to the other Jones'. yay.gif

ghosts6.jpg

ghosts7.jpg

ghosts8.jpg

unx137.jpg

unx134.jpg

unx127.jpg

hos98.jpg

hos100.jpg

Can anyone take a guess at the grade on that HOS 98?

The bottom right corner is gone. I mean like clean, not torn off.

Otherwise that book is a solid 9.4

Seems odd to have such a beautiful book with a significant piece gone out of the corner. crazy.gif

I’m actually surprised that House of Mystery # 175 (first Cain app.) and DC Special # 4 (first Abel app.) didn’t “breakout” as these were and still are staple characters in the DC universe. Other books I thought that would increase more than they did in the new OS are HOM # 195 (Swampy tryout?), Chamber Of Darkness # 4 (Conan-type tryout).