• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

actually here's the ID deal:

cadaver is being changed to CainTheCaretaker, pending Arch approval. I agree with lok that the id could use a makeover; I was just hanging on for the "afterlife" theme of my sig.

Oh yeah, SterlingTheEvilElf will be instigated 12/25/2005!!! (see Ask Greggy) and will ony post on Christmas day of every year!

I laugh at everybody, including myself! insane.gif After all, it's just variations on the same collecting neurosis. My way is just a bit cheaper. wink.gif

I find myself buying more reading copies (well for reading), so I can equalize my purchases from these ubber graded copies. So I guess I'm a bi-polar collector... tongue.gif

Have a nice #40? 9.4? flowerred.gif Great Witching Hour. A series that needs my attention, but the issues are in huge demand from the prices I've seen. I only have a #10 and the 100 pager(38?).

Edited by johnenock

cadaver is being changed to CainTheCaretaker, pending Arch approval. I agree with lok that the id could use a makeover; I was just hanging on for the "afterlife" theme of my sig.

Oh yeah, SterlingTheEvilElf will be instigated 12/25/2005!!! (see Ask Greggy) and will ony post on Christmas day of every year!

Glad to see you're sorting out your personality crisis there, Jacob, I mean Cain, I mean Sterling. tongue.gif

Glad to see you're sorting out your personality crisis there, Jacob, I mean Cain, I mean Sterling. tongue.gif

Jacob Zollenberger will be the name of my new son. thumbsup2.gif My wife would kill me if I associated his name with 'cadaver'. crazy.gif

I kick myself for selling my 9.4/9.6 copies....WH is one of those series I haven't taken too seriously from a collecting standpoint--hence the reason why I have many 9.0/9.2 books in my collection.

I remember a CGC 9.4 #40 selling on Heritage several years ago. Yes, I remember crazy stuff like this.

My collection is in the registry if you want to take a lookie.

Witching Hour Set

Nothing wrong with 9.0's and 9.2's. Though I try to stay away from too many 9.0's, 9.2's are what I'd prefer to collect. Easier to buy more. I saw a 40 on eBay when mine was at CGC and passed because I thought mine would be in the 9.0 range(one lesson learned from CGC bootcamp). Though the 41 I just bought(CGC 9.4) from JScomics has 7 (yeah 7) spine stresses. Christo_pull_hair.gif

That WH 20 is one of my favotite covers. thumbsup2.gif

When I first saw that cover I thought it was pretty run-of-the-mill, but the more I looked at it the more I realized how creepy it really is. Less slasher and more serial killer. I got the Oakland copy a while back from Metro b/c I liked it so much.

John,

Did you say you essentially have a HG Phantom Collector set? Are they CGC certified? I've missed out on a bunch of issues lately but would eventually like to have a set. #10 has a ROCKIN' Neal Adams cover (reminds me of HOM 174 with the beckoning gesture) and I never see a high grade copy, and there's none in the census.

Could this be the equivalent of HOM 190 of this series? Somebody please prove me wrong.

I bought a CGC 9.0 copy over a year ago. Seems overgraded to me, plus it has C-OW pages (the best of both worlds). All of the raw copies posted so far look better than my slabbed one.

Nice copies guys. thumbsup2.gif

Nothing wrong with 9.0's and 9.2's

You would change your tune if you certified 9.0 and 9.2 copies and consistently lost money on each one you sold.

I've bought from jscomics and the prices get too high and the grading is too liberal for my tastes.But you said CGC graded? Wow, haven't seen a grading job botched that bad by the boys at Sarasota.

Yeah, I understand all about losing money on the 9.0's and 9.2's. But, I don't sell many except if I upgrade. I also only tend to CGC the ones in my personal collection and 9.2's are good enough for that. Probably from years of being happy with 6.0 precodes. I am currently trying to grade some of my higher end Marvel's so I can sell them off. I'll tell you I second guess myself every time I send them off and hope that they squeeze a 9.4 into a 9.6. So far, I'm breaking even, if that. Anyway here's the CGC 9.4. Don't know if you'll see the stresses, but they are there:

902937-ps41.jpg

902937-ps41.jpg.251d6476fe3bebb21d008f2645df03eb.jpg

For those that don't have a copy of this issue...I highly recommend getting one.

The cover is so friggin beautiful that a scan can't do it justice. blush.gif

902970-hom255.jpg

902970-hom255.jpg.3072ba8945d7834c06ed1817deb43ae3.jpg