• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

I would add that these Don Rosas are really nice books for the grade based on what I've seen (gloss, color, etc). People have figured it out and are bidding accordingly. I'm willing to bet another 9.0 wouldn't do that well, but then again, there seem to be a lot more people collecting bronze horror lately.

Joe

Geez, I'd better get my raw Don Rosa books listed on Ebay then. Quite a few nice ones at that. Not your 9.4s, but some very nice 7.5 - 9.0s.

960053-DM.jpg

960053-DM.jpg.d40fe2a00d0794f9efafb7c646b4314e.jpg

That 141 is sweet. thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, it sure is. Anyone know who the cover artist is?

the legendary Nick Cardy !!! !! !

Ah yes, I should have guessed. Cardy ruled!!

Cardy cover on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Unexpected-140-Nick-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by Jeffro

I would add that these Don Rosas are really nice books for the grade based on what I've seen (gloss, color, etc). People have figured it out and are bidding accordingly. I'm willing to bet another 9.0 wouldn't do that well, but then again, there seem to be a lot more people collecting bronze horror lately.

Joe

Geez, I'd better get my raw Don Rosa books listed on Ebay then. Quite a few nice ones at that. Not your 9.4s, but some very nice 7.5 - 9.0s.

960053-DM.jpg

Try them here first. My bet is you'll have a lot of luck here and no eBay fees.

Joe

Yup, finished a few hours ago.

Was watching that and a Dominguez Ghosts cover.

This was the Cardy cover that just ended

a0_1.JPG

This one ends in 2 days

b5_12.JPG

you guys are sure that 141 is a Cardy? i mean, CGC has been known to misattribute cover artists.

it sure doesn't look like Cardy to me...

confused-smiley-013.gif

Yup, finished a few hours ago.

I meant before this auction. Looked familiar for some reason. Still seems really low for a Cardy.

This one ends in 2 days

b5_12.JPG

I am watching that one too. Much cooler than the Heritage LD cover that is up now.

you guys are sure that 141 is a Cardy? i mean, CGC has been known to misattribute cover artists.

it sure doesn't look like Cardy to me...

confused-smiley-013.gif

CGC does not denote Cardy as the cover artist on the 141 label.

But it is listed here as being one of his:

Cardy Horror Covers

Joe

Doesn't look like the crazy prices for bronze horror are limited to the Rosa books...already at nearly double the GPA 12-month average and far and away a record price for this book! 893whatthe.gif

let me post my House of Mystery which i just closed on today!!!

thehouseofmystery3at.jpgyay.gif

Man that looks like a cool house. And in New England? Rich in history and lore! Sweet!

You don't happen to live in Innsmouth do you? Or Dunwich?

i am in RI...but work in MA...opted for RI b/c housing prices aren't ridiculous, as they are in MA...

that cardy cover which did not meet reserve(#141) gets my vote for 'worst cover by an awesome artist'...no surprise it did not meet reserve...my opinion is that it's a 4-500$ cover...at best...

yes, nice cardy covers go for a bunch...spectacular ones go for more...ghosts#19 was on ebay a few weeks back and did not meet reserve, i like it enough to pay/offer in the 800-1000$ range for it...i pay more for 'better' covers...ghosts #33 was up on ebay a few months back, i bid just barely under 2k$ for it, it did not join my collection... mad.gif

Weird. I remember buying my WH #1 9.4 for $455 several years ago and sold it last year for $750. You could've bought a 9.6 for that price 2.5 years ago. Also, Witching Hours in general USED to be a bargain. Now, even 9.4s of any issue are getting strong bids in the $150+ category. I know donger is wraping up his WH collection, which is why I'm staying away from them currently. I agree that the spike in this title has been....Unexpected...but it was Destiny...for I know...because it was midnight...the witching hour. tongue.gif

Weird. I remember buying my WH #1 9.4 for $455 several years ago and sold it last year for $750. You could've bought a 9.6 for that price 2.5 years ago. Also, Witching Hours in general USED to be a bargain. Now, even 9.4s of any issue are getting strong bids in the $150+ category. I know donger is wraping up his WH collection, which is why I'm staying away from them currently. I agree that the spike in this title has been....Unexpected...but it was Destiny...for I know...because it was midnight...the witching hour. tongue.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

have you the nerve to escape with my lady mildred from the house you dared enter...?

Heck, who needs it? I've got something better than that. I've got the Witching Hour #1 Pam Pedigree copy. Yeah, Pam Anderson, That's the ticket. Pam's personal copy. She slept with it. During the Baywatch years. Always taking offers on this beaut. devil.gif

961786-Pam.jpg

961786-Pam.jpg.885f36cf2e41bd865c0948bb819734de.jpg