• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

Some grades on my latest batch of horror morsels. And graded in approximately 2 WEEKS of submission. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Ghosts #35 9.4 WHITE

Ghosts #60 9.6 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE

Ghosts #68 9.8 WHITE

Ghosts #78 9.8 WHITE

Ghosts #85 9.8 WHITE

Ghosts #86 9.6 WHITE

Ghosts #102 9.8 WHITE

Weird War Tales #33 9.6 WHITE

Weird War Tales #52 9.4 WHITE

Weird War Tales #103 9.6 WHITE

House of Mystery #230 9.2 OFF-WHITE

House of Mystery #260 9.0 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE

House of Mystery #264 9.4 WHITE

House of Mystery #269 9.4 CREAM TO OFF-WHITE

House of Mystery #270 9.8 WHITE

House of Mystery #283 9.6 OFF-WHITE

House of Mystery #284 9.8 WHITE

House of Mystery #286 9.6 OFF-WHITE

House of Mystery #287 9.6 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE

House of Mystery #292 9.6 CREAM TO OFF-WHITE

House of Secrets #127 9.4 WHITE

Secrets of Haunted House #2 9.2 OFF-WHITE

Secrets of Haunted House #15 9.4 WHITE

Secrets of Haunted House #19 9.2 WHITE

Secrets of Haunted House #20 9.4 WHITE

Secrets of Haunted House #27 9.6 WHITE

Secrets of Haunted House #31 9.6 WHITE

Secrets of Haunted House #43 9.6 WHITE

So are you planning another Mad, Mad, Mad Sale?

Not for a while.I have a quota on going mad limit one per seller per year... tongue.gif Will I be offering books for sale next year at reasonable prices? Absolutely. Thanks especially to several board members who helped clean me out. My space here in the dungeon is appreciated! I'm sure that the sale will have an annual occurrence depending on my purchasing habits during the year.

These are just for show 'n tell. Be happy to post 'em...en route via CGC. I am finally going back to work next week and won't be home until 12.23. So even I won't see them until then. I need work to help relieve the stress of my wife's premature birth of Dalton.

I can say however that I am creating a "poor man's PayPal shopping cart" and hosting it in order to sell books left over from the "mad mad sale" in addition to books I've recently upgraded. I'm getting to the point where the lowest grade I have is 9.4 which means some nicer books will be offered this year. Some of the 9.8s that I received I also have 9.4s available. But I still gotta clean out my 9.0/9.2 books.... For instance, I found another 30 or so books that didn't make it into the recent sale that will be on my eCommerce deal next year. HINT: Anything that comes back < 9.4 is target for elimination at some point. Books > 9.2 will be sold as I receive upgrades. I have no desire to hoard.

flowerred.gif

So are you planning another Mad, Mad, Mad Sale?

Not for a while.I have a quota on going mad limit one per seller per year... tongue.gif Will I be offering books for sale next year at reasonable prices? Absolutely. Thanks especially to several board members who helped clean me out. My space here in the dungeon is appreciated! I'm sure that the sale will have an annual occurrence depending on my purchasing habits during the year.

These are just for show 'n tell. Be happy to post 'em...en route via CGC. I am finally going back to work next week and won't be home until 12.23. So even I won't see them until then. I need work to help relieve the stress of my wife's premature birth of Dalton.

I can say however that I am creating a "poor man's PayPal shopping cart" and hosting it in order to sell books left over from the "mad mad sale" in addition to books I've recently upgraded. I'm getting to the point where the lowest grade I have is 9.4 which means some nicer books will be offered this year. Some of the 9.8s that I received I also have 9.4s available. But I still gotta clean out my 9.0/9.2 books.... For instance, I found another 30 or so books that didn't make it into the recent sale that will be on my eCommerce deal next year. HINT: Anything that comes back < 9.4 is target for elimination at some point. Books > 9.2 will be sold as I receive upgrades. I have no desire to hoard.

flowerred.gif

Good, so far I have enjoyed dealing with you for my slabbed BA Horror. And the books you have been putting out, are the grade range I am looking for. Thanks again.

DC is reprinting the House of Mystery series (SHOWCASE PRESENTS) similar to the Marvel Essentials collection...on sale next February!! Excellent opportunity for us to pick up and analyze the stories together without having to hunt down copies!! (or for those who have them entombed crazy.gif) And since this line of books have historically been $10, that is going to be a great value indeed. The only drawback I can see is the b&w interior pages, but you can't argue the price.

I would like to see Archive Editions of all of the DC mystery titles in hardbound with color pages. I'd go for that. cloud9.gif

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/?cm=4828

Now, they need to do the same with the other series... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

The Swampy story from HOS 92 will probably be in the Showcase Swampy if the new JLA Showcase is any indication (It has their appearances in it in chronological order i.e. B&B first then JLA 1) By the way there is a pretty nice looking raw HOS 92 on eBay that I think is ending today. HOS 92 NM- Since I know you've been looking.

Edited by johnenock

Too rich for my blood right now. I will probably pick up a lower grade first then upgrade. Still, I would like to read the House of Secrets stories. I have a few copies in the ole box.

Edited by Timulty

DC is reprinting the House of Mystery series (SHOWCASE PRESENTS) similar to the Marvel Essentials collection...on sale next February!! Excellent opportunity for us to pick up and analyze the stories together without having to hunt down copies!! (or for those who have them entombed crazy.gif) And since this line of books have historically been $10, that is going to be a great value indeed. The only drawback I can see is the b&w interior pages, but you can't argue the price.

I would like to see Archive Editions of all of the DC mystery titles in hardbound with color pages. I'd go for that. cloud9.gif

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/?cm=4828

Now, they need to do the same with the other series... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Do you think the availability of these stories, finally, will have an affect on back issue prices in the future? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There are a number of collectors of the DC horror line who are collecting these to read the stories...

Jim

Do you think the availability of these stories, finally, will have an affect on back issue prices in the future? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There are a number of collectors of the DC horror line who are collecting these to read the stories...

Jim

It could go both ways, and may just be a wash. Sure, there are some that just want to read the stories, but then again, you don't have the color with these reprints. It may just inspire new readers/fans to go out and buy the originals. Granted I'm not a reader, but when I have seen cool reprint books in the past, it has often inspired me to seek out the originals, as long as they were affordable to me.

Jim

It could go both ways, and may just be a wash. Sure, there are some that just want to read the stories, but then again, you don't have the color with these reprints. It may just inspire new readers/fans to go out and buy the originals. Granted I'm not a reader, but when I have seen cool reprint books in the past, it has often inspired me to seek out the originals, as long as they were affordable to me.

Sure...but some of the appeal of HOM and HOS has been their unavailability in reprints. Now that DC is releasing these...that appeal diminishes. I think this could be trouble for horror back issues...

Jim

Jim

Sure...but some of the appeal of HOM and HOS has been their unavailability in reprints. Now that DC is releasing these...that appeal diminishes. I think this could be trouble for horror back issues...

Jim

I don't know, other comic genres have been reprinted without much noticable effect on the back issue prices. Horror slabs sell for ungodly amounts with some frequency, and you can't read those. I think that HOM and HOS's appeal lies in the covers. I mean, have you ever tried to read those stories? With a few notable exceptions (Nightmare, The Demon Within, ect) they pretty much suck. I really don't see a lot of people buying these issues for the writing. If they were, readers would sell better than they do, and they currently don't sell well at all. Only VF and above command decent money, and those grades generally aren't for reading.

I don't know, other comic genres have been reprinted without much noticable effect on the back issue prices. Horror slabs sell for ungodly amounts with some frequency, and you can't read those. I think that HOM and HOS's appeal lies in the covers. I mean, have you ever tried to read those stories? With a few notable exceptions (Nightmare, The Demon Within, ect) they pretty much suck. I really don't see a lot of people buying these issues for the writing. If they were, readers would sell better than they do, and they currently don't sell well at all. Only VF and above command decent money, and those grades generally aren't for reading.

Tonb of Dracula is a perfect example...once it was reprinted, the price of back issues stalled...

Jim

Tonb of Dracula is a perfect example...once it was reprinted, the price of back issues stalled...

Jim

Yeah, but those stories are actually good. 27_laughing.gif

Well, this market segment are going after VFish or worse condition, and the prices have always been reasonable. The crazy ubber graded books won't get affected because they are slabbed and the buyer is buying it for collectible and not reading reasons. I see this just as an opportunity to get even more potential collectors into the market.

[edit: Wow, Andy--didn't mean to restate what you said. foreheadslap.gif]

A say a wash or little difference in overall prices.

Edited by sterlingcomics

For the low end reader issue market, this may be the case (which won't impact me directly). As Sid says, it may inspire more back issue demand because of the history and the need to see it in its original color format. But again, for the high grade market, I see little difference...maybe even an increase. Hard to say. It's not like we are Alan Greenspan 27_laughing.gif

In regards to the stories, they have always had a campy element to them. It's part of the charm from where I sit. C'mon guys, these are comics... confused-smiley-013.gif

In any event, I'm excited about this announcement. I figured I would be the first one to voice a concern over this, but I feel quite the opposite. It's at least a recognition of the history of the title, and may be an opportunity for others to see what it was all about. All good. (I'm trying to be more optimistic in 2006...is it working? crazy.gif)

Edited by sterlingcomics

Well, this market segment are going after VFish or worse condition, and the prices have always been reasonable. The crazy ubber graded books won't get affected because they are slabbed and the buyer is buying it for collectible and not reading reasons. I see this just as an opportunity to get even more potential collectors into the market.

A say a wash or little difference in overall prices.

I disagree...the appeal of DC horror is their unavailability and the mystique of the comics not being reprinted. That's now changing. Now readers will see that the majority of stories are cr@p and won't want to pursue them regardless of grade. This will have a significant effect on horror slabs...there aren't alot of collectors to begin with and we are lucky that those that are are willing to spend are willing to spend considerable sums to get them...

I'd be selling quickly...

Jim