• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

Are the Unexpected between 112-118 in high grade hard to come by or is there just less interest in them? Not many in the census.

Lot's of interest.... Unexpecteds in the early ranges have been going for insane multiples lately ($300 for basically a $100 book). I don't know if it boils down to scarcity or lack of awareness, but if I had these in high grade to spare the gravy train would've arrived....

I know of at least 6 active high grade Unexpected collectors who need these early issues and who bid accordingly. I need 112,113, and 118. #118 has built up a reputation here as being the hardest to find among board members.

Are the Unexpected between 112-118 in high grade hard to come by or is there just less interest in them? Not many in the census.

Lot's of interest.... Unexpecteds in the early ranges have been going for insane multiples lately ($300 for basically a $100 book). I don't know if it boils down to scarcity or lack of awareness, but if I had these in high grade to spare the gravy train would've arrived....

I know of at least 6 active high grade Unexpected collectors who need these early issues and who bid accordingly.

Took me forever to find even a VF copy of 118. Then I found two in one week. yeahok.gif 117 and 116 are also tough. I have yet to find a reasonably priced, decent copy of 116.

I just edited my comment about #118 as you were posting. smile.gif

27_laughing.gif What shape are you looking for? 9.2 or better? Do you have an extra 116?

9.4 or better....or 9.2 with imPRESSive qualities smile.gif No extra copies of 116 frown.gif I believe bobcat just sold a 9.2...but I know how you like RAW! blush.gif

I just edited my comment about #118 as you were posting. smile.gif

27_laughing.gif What shape are you looking for? 9.2 or better? Do you have an extra 116?

9.4 or better....or 9.2 with imPRESSive qualities smile.gif No extra copies of 116 frown.gif I believe bobcat just sold a 9.2...but I know how you like RAW! blush.gif

Yep, saw that 9.2. I didn't like the miswrap and I will just wait for a sharp raw copy in 8.0 or so.

Sterling I am a big fan of the Essentials Line from Marvel and was happy to see DC move in that direction with its Showcase line. And of course I love BA horror comics and am slowly putting together a HG Raw run of HOM.

That said, I think HOM and BA DC in general is one area that Black and White reprints may actually really not due enough justice to the point where I dont know if I want to pick this up. Its one of the few times I'd be thrilled to pay more for something in color...... However at the price you really cant lose.

Sterling I am a big fan of the Essentials Line from Marvel and was happy to see DC move in that direction with its Showcase line. And of course I love BA horror comics and am slowly putting together a HG Raw run of HOM.

That said, I think HOM and BA DC in general is one area that Black and White reprints may actually really not due enough justice to the point where I dont know if I want to pick this up. Its one of the few times I'd be thrilled to pay more for something in color...... However at the price you really cant lose.

I agree. I'll certainly buy this book, but as an art fan more than a story fan, I'm not that excited to see these stories in B&W. The color sets the mood. If these stories were intended to be in B&W, the pencils and inks would have shown more shadowing and detail. Just compare one of the Essential books to a Warren B&W mag and you'll see what I mean. The Essentials pale in comparison as they were never supposed to be in B&W. Still, for the money, I'll be buying one or two of these books.

Just a heads up--right now I'm building some Access databases, queries and forms to get some of the core information on the issues, artists, and titles. I'm pulling information from other sources that I will need to verify. This allows for me to prototype database designs and build requirements to the portal implementation.

Once done, I will be soliciting information to inspect the information and add/correct as necessary. While this is being done I will be in the early stages of building the web portal for all of this, which I hope to import the completed information online where we can all start scanning and providing reviews to the stories.

Happy Haunting.

Sterling