• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

Thanks. Actually, the seller graded this a NM-, which I tend to agree with. Both of the bottom corners are kinda soft. Still, it's a nice copy. The seller had a bunch of BA horror (mostly HOM), but this was the best of the bunch. thumbsup2.gif

The 9.6 stuff is getting STUPID prices, but the 9.4 seems to have settled down quite a bit. I picked up one of the OAAWs for about 1/2 of what I expected it to go for. confused-smiley-013.gif

Yep, I think some of the DC War books would have done better on ebay. But I ain't complainin'. devil.gif

Edited by Weird

Great QP on those "high grade" copies. yeahok.gif

The labels are perfectly centered. confused-smiley-013.gif

It seems that people buying those books are more concerned with the labels, so I am sure they will be pleased with the condition of the case. 27_laughing.gif

All I can say is DAMN on those prices. I had to settle on more Marvel than DC on these titles. I hope whomever got these books are happy...I went overboard on the FTDM 9.8 issue...the remaining books I got were right where they should've been.

After looking at some of these issues, it seemed apparent to me that quite a few are pressed.

I think if I come back in 5 years or so there will be more than enough "surplus" of these books to get at....perhaps everyone buying these will go into bankruptcy selling these for 20% of the current price. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

In any event...I've started to read the HOM Showcase book...Widow's Walk in 179 is awesome, as is The Game in 178 (although that story seemed to end rather abruptly)....I want to start talking about these stories shortly once my body can stay in one place long enough for me to type it up....

It seems that people buying those books are more concerned with the labels, so I am sure they will be pleased with the condition of the case. 27_laughing.gif

I know you are being funny, but I think to some extent that is a legitimate statement, sadly.

Yeah, the classic greed or revenge plot was common in these stories. The timid wife putting a hex on the husband was a good twist. The last panel is to die for!

One of the things I forgot about in HOM is that they would always have a goof page on "Page 13"...those Aragones strips are sometimes quirky and sometimes hilarious....

I know you are being funny, but I think to some extent that is a legitimate statement.

When I see miswrapped books that probably cost $30-40 raw going in the mid to high 3 figures I have to think it's the label. If you are going to pay a bundle at least it should have a high QP to go along with the high structure. I mean, those aren't even good looking copies! Just my opinion. confused-smiley-013.gif

One of the things I forgot about in HOM is that they would always have a goof page on "Page 13"...those Aragones strips are sometimes quirky and sometimes hilarious....

Do you have the mini TPB "Welcome Back to the House of Mystery"? It's a collection of some of the better BA horror stories and a great introductory read to the genre.