• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,922 posts in this topic

I forgot. Who bought my HOM 205 9.0 copy? I think I sold it here.... Christo_pull_hair.gif

Actually, I bought Sterling's HOM 205 in 9.0 (off-white pages & nice centering) late last year...

...Unless you had two copies, Sterling!

The book currently resides in a VERY grateful home! thumbsup2.gif

I purchased it in Oct. last year on Ebay. Anybody reading Marvel Zombies?

Wow, 0 for 2. Fill me in...is Marvel Zombies a current title?

Marvel Zombies - a 5-issue mini-series from Marvel. Alternate universe. A super-powered being breaks through to their world & infects the heroes with the dreaded zombie virus/curse/etc. Super-beings then ravage the world with their insatiable hunger as they are still able to use their powers & communicate. Horror & hilarity ensue... Stupendous covers by Suydam!

Second Up is:

House of Mystery - 192

Year - 1971

I must say that out of the early horror run this cover is one of my least favorite covers. I guess I find it too gruesome, intense or something. I don't get what is happenig either. Is the guy a being transformed into a robot? Whats with white stripes on his head? The only redeming qualities for me is the mystery kids looking on from the top of the stairs. I love the kids on all the DC horror covers. It is also the last of 3 covers to sport the the Haunted House logo under the Bat Logo. Right now there is only 1 9.2 in the census. This copy should be a 9.2/9.4 and I'll send it in with my next batch and play the cgc lotto.

Census

9.8: 0

9.6: 1

9.4: 2

9.2: 1

9.0: 2

HouseofMystery192.jpg

I actually like this cover, you've got a great suspenseful/terrifying moment as the "Mystery Kids TM" interrupt an artificial brain transplant! The brain looks cool as does the victims expression. Those "stripes" are leftover streaks of shaving cream, (he was just prepped for surgery) although wouldn't it be great if it was his skull showing through slices in his head? The one thing I dislike on this cover is the knife/scalpel. It looks like a lock-blade butter knife, not even a point on it!

Why thank you. I have something up my sleeve but its in the planning stages.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Sounds interesting enough...

I can't recall where I read it but I believe those are supposedly Neal's kids he drew on the covers. Anyone know for sure?

I got to see those books at Teds warehouse first hand. They were all pretty nice, with fantastic gloss.

Here is a recent purchase of mine, not from Ted

hos90.jpg

Since I missed out on Weirds slabbed copy of this book, picked this one up, Northland copy, not as nice as the Oakland but still pretty nice

wh20.jpg

OMFG!

...too bad the centering is off. That's the excuse I need not to chase the book.

RAD4361B2006414_152257.jpg

Where is that for sale?

Too bad about the centering, but still nice.