• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,928 posts in this topic

Great books. Nice to see what some of these top cenus books looks like.

So all 3 HOS 81's 9.4's are from pedigrees. Two from PaCoast and one from Oakland

Did the Oakland pedigree contain multiple copies of certain issues? confused-smiley-013.gif I also got a cgc 9.6 Oakland pedigree HOS #93 with a new label. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes

nice!

is that distributor ink in the URC of the DR copy?

I'm going to retire from collecting for a while...I'd like to focus on the HTF issues (like the ones you have) when I return...

Sterling

Yes it is, between those 2 books both have slightly different detractions, so it's an even race on the sum of flaws, you just have to pick your non pet peeves, as yet I'm still undecided.

sorry to hear about that retirement, are you sure ? Your like a powerhouse of Bronze right now, I mean this thread alone will grind to a small trickle without your input. I won't say anything about prices in the market!!

Oh I'll still hang around the boards and participate...but if I see a thread saying "look at this cool BA horror book I just got" then I'll have to close the browser....too much temptation.

I'm still interested in your books btw but it boils down that I have to get through my purchase queue...and that alone is ridiculous. time to step away from the comic books for a while.

Oh I'll still hang around the boards and participate...but if I see a thread saying "look at this cool BA horror book I just got" then I'll have to close the browser....too much temptation.

I'm still interested in your books btw but it boils down that I have to get through my purchase queue...and that alone is ridiculous. time to step away from the comic books for a while.

Ya got the same scenario happening. I'm up to the point where if Doug or Bill needs a kidney, I can expect a knock on my door first. And also some purchasing R&R to be had once I'm clear as well. Already easing into the idea of just collecting scans, which is sort of like a heroin addict switching to gum. So it's slow and tortuous, but I think I'm getting there.

Though I am going out with a bang, but thats for the Silver area, not here...bronze has done it's damage!

And I will say controversially or not, got my first PGX the other day, and love their slabs, solid, clear, and just a superb presentation package.

Oh, and if you can get my books sooner, I'll have your 3rd?? kid for ya, the $ is slippping against the £, and according to my American friends here, they're not expecting the trend to reverse within the duration of the current administration.

Seems like some things went really cheap in boosters auction but the HOS 101 went for a super high price

Secrets of Sinister House 6, CGC 9.6 $52.00 893whatthe.gif

GPA $131

Thats super cheap. (Didn't get my snipe in time)

House of Secrets 151, CGC 9.6 $37.01 (I was happy with the price on that) wink.gif

Phantom Stranger 26, CGC 9.4 $34.00

Ghosts 7, CGC 9.4 $70.45 (Good price)

House of Secrets 101, CGC 9.6 $315.00 893whatthe.gif

Edited by Rip

Seems like some things went really cheap in boosters auction but the HOS 101 went for a super high price

Secrets of Sinister House 6, CGC 9.6 $52.00 893whatthe.gif

GPA $131

Thats super cheap. (Didn't get my snipe in time)

House of Secrets 151, CGC 9.6 $37.01 (I was happy with the price on that) wink.gif

Phantom Stranger 26, CGC 9.4 $34.00

Ghosts 7, CGC 9.4 $70.45 (Good price)

House of Secrets 101, CGC 9.6 $315.00 893whatthe.gif

Thats some serious giveaway prices! ....excepting that 101.

Yeah, the HOS 101 went for $315...I was almost assured I would win that book provided redf1 did not bid...but someone else still got it. It seems that I am cursed at getting some of these HOS books. On the flip side...this may be enough motiviation to see more graded copies so I can get my copy possibly on the cheaper side.

I did get an upgrade from my HOM 317 9.6 to the 9.8 copy. I've literally been upgrading my books recently, so I'm going to be putting some nice 9.4-9.6 books for sale soon.

Congrats to Pete on winning that SOSH #6....it averages selling for 3x more on average....so he literally got that as a steal! Patience does pay off....

On a more positive note I got the Crypt of Shadows #6 (highest and only graded) 9.6 on Heritage....almost done with that series.

It's a good thing I had my HOS #151 already, or I would've bit. I believe the seller is Roger Clark, who sold all sorts of good CGC BA horror books several years ago. I remember buying a Ghosts #16 9.6 from him for about $20. Man, those were the days.