• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,925 posts in this topic

OMFG!

...too bad the centering is off. That's the excuse I need not to chase the book.

RAD4361B2006414_152257.jpg

Where is that for sale?

Too bad about the centering, but still nice.

Next ComicLink forcused auctions. The preview is up now.

Hey Sterling, was that you that just beat me for that cgc 9.4 HOS #95 on ebay? Cream to off-white pages?! If so, then that's o.k. cause I see the seller has a the Don Rosa HOM 211 up today. I haven't checked the registry but considering you've got over 80% of the run then chances are good I won't have to bid against ya. Now if only Red doen't need that issue as well, then maybe I got a chance! headbang.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifheadbang.gif

HOS 102, cgc 9.8

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6620470493

Went for $535. I thougth a $500 bid would take it, and I was not even the second high bidder. High numbers on some of these horror. Didn't the Sinister House 1, cgc 9.6, on Comic Links recent aution just sell for around $2K ?

I had a 9.2 copy...and sold it. I had someone from the Collector Society offer to sell me a 9.6...but he never got back to me. I figured if it was going into redf1's collection it might as well not go without a fight.

BTW, that SHSL #1 you mentioned is already BACK on ComicLink, as is the SOSH #10 DR copy. Now that is a quick turnaround.

Hey Sterling, was that you that just beat me for that cgc 9.4 HOS #95 on ebay? Cream to off-white pages?! If so, then that's o.k. cause I see the seller has a the Don Rosa HOM 211 up today. I haven't checked the registry but considering you've got over 80% of the run then chances are good I won't have to bid against ya. Now if only Red doen't need that issue as well, then maybe I got a chance! headbang.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifheadbang.gif

Yeah...I used to own a 9.4 OW/W page copy but sold it for $15 more than what this copy sold for...at least it is the new label so I don't need to reholder. The COW pages were almost a deal breaker...only 4 copies certified and no higher....I didn't want to wait--a dealer recently was selling a 9.4 copy (of which I didn't take advantage of) so the likihood of a copy surfacing without being a freshly graded copy is slim. FYI--2 of the 4 9.4 certified copies has COW pages, as the other Pacific Coast copy has been on Rotor's site forever. BTW, you should've delt with me on the #93....I just got a 9.6 copy as well. About bloody time, as I've had three copies of that issue...all 9.2 and less.

I'm good on the #211, but my 9.6 copy registration sucks.... Oh how I long for the days to be 100% complete. The crazy DR prices that were realized on the HTF in HG issues are more or less sealing my fate as far as ever completing this series. Never know.

HOS 102, cgc 9.8

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6620470493

Went for $535. I thougth a $500 bid would take it, and I was not even the second high bidder. High numbers on some of these horror. Didn't the Sinister House 1, cgc 9.6, on Comic Links recent aution just sell for around $2K ?

I had a 9.2 copy...and sold it. I had someone from the Collector Society offer to sell me a 9.6...but he never got back to me. I figured if it was going into redf1's collection it might as well not go without a fight.

BTW, that SHSL #1 you mentioned is already BACK on ComicLink, as is the SOSH #10 DR copy. Now that is a quick turnaround.

I sold the CGC 9.4 HOS #93 fer $180 to help cover the cost of getting a cgc 9.2 HOM #176(Pacific Coast Pedigree...PCP....PCP!..) acclaim.gif Otherwise I'd been willing to deal! thumbsup2.gif

Yeah...I used to own a 9.4 OW/W page copy but sold it for $15 more than what this copy sold for...at least it is the new label so I don't need to reholder. The COW pages were almost a deal breaker...only 4 copies certified and no higher....I didn't want to wait--a dealer recently was selling a 9.4 copy (of which I didn't take advantage of) so the likihood of a copy surfacing without being a freshly graded copy is slim. FYI--2 of the 4 9.4 certified copies has COW pages, as the other Pacific Coast copy has been on Rotor's site forever. BTW, you should've delt with me on the #93....I just got a 9.6 copy as well. About bloody time, as I've had three copies of that issue...all 9.2 and less.

I'm good on the #211, but my 9.6 copy registration sucks.... Oh how I long for the days to be 100% complete. The crazy DR prices that were realized on the HTF in HG issues are more or less sealing my fate as far as ever completing this series. Never know.

OOOPSS! I got the wrong Quote! I'm kinda drunk. grin.gif

at least it is the new label so I don't need to reholder.

Doesn't old label equal better chance of higher grade on re-submit? confused-smiley-013.gifinsane.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifinsane.gif

I know that PC copy of HOM 176. I personally think it's accurately graded. Your statement is an urban legend, and has no basis on fact. I've seen plenty of undergraded (and overgraded for that matter) books in both labels. Take each book on a case by case basis.

Doesn't old label equal better chance of higher grade on re-submit? confused-smiley-013.gifinsane.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifinsane.gif

I know that PC copy of HOM 176. I personally think it's accurately graded. Your statement is an urban legend, and has no basis on fact. I've seen plenty of undergraded (and overgraded for that matter) books in both labels. Take each book on a case by case basis.

Correct. If anything, perhaps older labels may be more susceptible to being slab damaged. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Correct. If anything, perhaps older labels may be more susceptible to being slab damaged. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Exactly--although I have a "Modern" Ghosts book that has a good ding on it---it was encapsulated prior to the changes.

Exactly...CGC has been consistently inconsistent from Day 1. While I can't prove/disprove it, I would be surprised if they had ever changed their internal grading "guidelines" at all. However, since there are/have been different finalizers, implementation of those guidelines would be tough to be exactly the same from one person to the next.

Looks like Red needs that issue. 893censored-thumb.gif But I didn't let it go without a fight. devil.gif