• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,922 posts in this topic

Ghosts 50 is one tough SOB to find in high grade. :facepalm:

You want to talk about books that are tough in high grade? How about tough in ANY grade? lol

th_DarkMansionofForbiddenLove2Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery175Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery176Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery180aMexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery182Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery184Mexico.jpg

th_HouseofMystery185Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery186Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery193aMexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery195Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery209Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery211Mexico.jpg

th_HouseofMystery213Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery214Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery217Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery219Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery231Mexico.jpgth_HouseofSecrets81Mexico.jpg

th_HouseofSecrets85Mexico.jpgth_HouseofSecrets92Mexico.jpgth_HouseofSecrets107Mexico.jpgth_PhantomStranger5Mexico.jpgth_PhantomStranger10Mexico.jpgth_PhantomStranger13Mexico.jpg

th_PhantomStranger14Mexico.jpgth_PhantomStranger15Mexico.jpgth_PhantomStranger16Mexico.jpgth_PhantomStranger17Mexico.jpgth_Showcase80Mexico.jpgth_SwampThing1Mexico.jpg

th_SwampThing2aMexico.jpgth_SwampThing3aMexico.jpgth_SwampThing5Mexico.jpgth_SwampThing6Mexico.jpgth_SwampThing7Mexico.jpgth_SwampThing8Mexico.jpg

th_SwampThing9Mexico.jpgth_TombofDracula6Greece.jpgth_Unexpected104Mexico.jpgth_Unexpected113Mexico.jpgth_Unexpected130Mexico.jpgth_Unexpected134Mexico.jpg

th_Unexpected136Mexico.jpgth_Unexpected141Mexico.jpgth_WitchingHour1Mexico.jpgth_WitchingHour3Mexico.jpgth_WitchingHour5Mexico.jpgth_WitchingHour6Mexico.jpg

th_WitchingHour14Mexico.jpgth_WitchingHour42Mexico.jpgth_WitchingHour43Mexico.jpg

And here's one more.

th_HouseofSecrets90Mexico.jpg

That might be a refreshing direction for me once my ENGLISH counterparts are taken care of!
Tracking these down has been an enormous undertaking. Collecting foreign editions isn't like comic collecting as most people know it. Sometimes it can take months or even years to find a copy of a book and high grades are rare beyond belief. Usually the highest you'll find will be in Fine range with the majority falling into the Good to VG range.

Ghosts 50 is one tough SOB to find in high grade. :facepalm:

You want to talk about books that are tough in high grade? How about tough in ANY grade? lol

:o wow... just, wow...

This is just the horror related stuff. You should see the rest. lol I have somewhere around 300 to 400 foreign editions, mostly Adams & Wrightson stuff with a sprinkling of Nick Cardy and some random keys here and there.

Here's a link to my Photobucket with most of them.

foreign editions

The rest are here with my other Signature Series stuff.

Signature Series with more foreign books

Tracking these down has been an enormous undertaking. Collecting foreign editions isn't like comic collecting as most people know it. Sometimes it can take months or even years to find a copy of a book and high grades are rare beyond belief. Usually the highest you'll find will be in Fine range with the majority falling into the Good to VG range.
That's the point. I want to collect something I won't have to bother spending money on because you won't be able to find it!

That's the point. I want to collect something I won't have to bother spending money on because you won't be able to find it!
It just takes time and patience.

Trying to collect this BA stuff that is common as dirt in HG has been doing plenty of that already. :(

Trying to collect this BA stuff that is common as dirt in HG has been doing plenty of that already. :(
The foreign stuff can really put you to the test. At times you have to deal with things like auction sites that you can't register with without a local address or phone number, language barriers, sellers who think you're trying to run a scam, time zone differences etc. It's enough to drive you crazy, believe me.

The foreign stuff can really put you to the test. At times you have to deal with things like auction sites that you can't register with without a local address or phone number, language barriers, sellers who think you're trying to run a scam, time zone differences etc. It's enough to drive you crazy, believe me.

I admire your commitment to a very challenging task. :)

Some may not feel Swamp Thing is "properly" horror, and the series certainly isn't in later issues and years, but I maintain the first ten issues belong here, if even only for Wrightson :cloud9:

Also "Auntie de Luvian" :grin:

SwampThing1090.jpg

No matter how you classify the genre, Swampy is 100% awesome.

(worship)

Some may not feel Swamp Thing is "properly" horror, and the series certainly isn't in later issues and years, but I maintain the first ten issues belong here, if even only for Wrightson :cloud9:

Also "Auntie de Luvian" :grin:

SwampThing1090.jpg

No matter how you classify the genre, Swampy is 100% awesome.

(worship)

Indeed. When my last few shipments arrive (it better be this week, the mailman is getting tired of me meeting him at the box bouncing around like a drooling puppy with excitement) I'll have completed my Wrightson Swamp Thing run... finally!!!! Look for it in a gloating thread full of "look at me" and scans in the Bronze section... coming soon!!!! :grin:

Seriously, I have patience issues... I think I wet on the USPS guys shoes last time he delivered me a Priority box full o' goodies :insane:

I'm posting this everywhere, i'm so happy

IMG_1437.jpg

Alex Nino AND Wrightson

IMG_1439.jpg

Lady in White Double sig what????

Alex Nino and Wrightson again.

IMG_1438.jpg