• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,913 posts in this topic

I thought I'd post these here to share my progress so far. I've been working on compiling a set of Mexican editions of House of Mystery with covers by Neal Adams and Bernie Wrightson. I was also able to pick up the #174 (just couldn't resist) and am now at the point of needing only two more books (#s179 & 191) to complete the Adams/Wrightson cover set up to #200. I included the pics I have of the Wrightson covers past #200 for good measure, kinda figured some of you might appreciate seeing them. (thumbs u

th_HouseofMystery174Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery175aMexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery176aMexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery177Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery178Mexico.jpg

th_HouseofMystery180aMexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery181Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery182Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery183Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery184aMexico.jpg

th_HouseofMystery185Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery186Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery187Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery188Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery189Mexico.jpg

th_HouseofMystery190Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery192Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery193aMexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery194Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery195aMexico.jpg

th_HouseofMystery197Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery199Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery209Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery211Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery213Mexico.jpg

th_HouseofMystery214Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery217Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery219Mexico.jpgth_HouseofMystery231Mexico.jpg

Very, very cool. Love the foreign covers. I know Mile High has a ton of foreign books in their warehouse (if you're looking to complete the run), but they probably charge a pretty penny. Congrats on the awesome run!
I've looked through their inventory on their site, not one of these is listed. I think most of what they have is from European countries.

Have to admit I never read any of these books. The only Horror book I read is TOD but all these other I have never owned. Can someone give me a quick horror lesson. What is the idea behind each comic (HOM, HOS etc...)? Which are best? I remember reading one story posted somehwere here about an alien kid and at the end it turns out that the actually "Alien" was a human kid something along those lines. I really enjoyed the story and art work.

So where should I start?

Have to admit I never read any of these books. The only Horror book I read is TOD but all these other I have never owned. Can someone give me a quick horror lesson. What is the idea behind each comic (HOM, HOS etc...)? Which are best? I remember reading one story posted somehwere here about an alien kid and at the end it turns out that the actually "Alien" was a human kid something along those lines. I really enjoyed the story and art work.

So where should I start?

Each comic has two or three stories of about 4-5 pages each...typical DC plots are :

1. Killer haunted by ghost of killed person who enacts revenge (typical in Ghosts)

2. Plot twists / surprise endings (typical in Unexpected)

3. Sell your soul to the devil plotlines

The actual settings are varied...and many more types but the above are a trend in my DCs.

HOM had the most variety...I'd definitely start there. If you don't enjoy that title then horror anthology just isn't for you.

So where should I start?

Each comic has two or three stories of about 4-5 pages each...typical DC plots are :

1. Killer haunted by ghost of killed person who enacts revenge (typical in Ghosts)

The actual settings are varied...and many more types but the above are a trend in my DCs.

HOM had the most variety...I'd definitely start there. If you don't enjoy that title then horror anthology just isn't for you.

If you want try it out... I recommend Showcase Presents Ghosts, HOM, HOS, or Witching Hour. They run about $16.99 to $19.99. They are black and white and not color with no ads.

I have the first 2 TOD and I agree they work great in BW format.

I had the Showcase HOM book (just passed it in this year's secret santa) and it was good stuff. Unlike the superhero comics, the horror/mystery material works better in B&W, imo.

So where should I start?

If you want try it out... I recommend Showcase Presents Ghosts, HOM, HOS, or Witching Hour. They run about $16.99 to $19.99. They are black and white and not color with no ads.

Oh yeah, I forgot. Some of those are getting a little tough to find. I've downloaded some of the torrents since I have the physical book.

So where should I start?

Oh yeah, I forgot. Some of those are getting a little tough to find. I've downloaded some of the torrents since I have the physical book.

Sergio Aragones in HOM and HOS worth the price alone. Love that guy.

Just bought some Showcase books House of Mystery 1 & 2, House of Secrets 1 & 2, Secrets Of Sinister House and Ghost. They didn't have The Witching Hour so I will have to find that one later. Found out that most of these are OP and getting hard to find just as Sterlingcomics mentioned. Can't wait for them to arrive so I can start reading.

Just bought some Showcase books House of Mystery 1 & 2, House of Secrets 1 & 2, Secrets Of Sinister House and Ghost. They didn't have The Witching Hour so I will have to find that one later. Found out that most of these are OP and getting hard to find just as Sterlingcomics mentioned. Can't wait for them to arrive so I can start reading.
I waited a while to get the Witching Hour copy and definitely sweated. Word to the wise--grab 'em fresh!

BTW, Weird War Tales was just released on 1/8. Get it cheap on Amazon!

I waited a while to get the Witching Hour copy and definitely sweated. Word to the wise--grab 'em fresh!

Thanks for the heads up.

I was going through some long boxes lately and re-discovered this nice copy.

It turns out I have a bunch of higher grade 9.0+ bronze age horror.

Maybe I'll post a few here as I scan them.

I'm going to post this in the GRADE MY BOOK section tomorrow.

Crypt_0f_Shadows_2.jpg

So "The Witching Hour" showcase is worth getting?

Absolutely. The comedy within is between the 3 witches (who host the stories) and Igor. Good stuff.

Absolutely. The comedy within is between the 3 witches (who host the stories) and Igor. Good stuff.

Plus a lot of pretty pictures by Nick Cardy. (thumbs u

Plus a lot of pretty pictures by Nick Cardy. (thumbs u

You are correct sir. (thumbs u