• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,913 posts in this topic

I thought I'd post these here as some of you may not venture into Comics General and might appreciate seeing them. :foryou:

I've been working on completing runs of Neal Adams and Bernie Wrightson covers from other countries. The one country that has probably the greatest amount of US material published is Mexico. One publisher specifically, Editorial Novaro, put out an absolutely staggering amount of DC material from the Silver Age through the mid 1980s. Finally after a little over three years I have completed two of the runs I've been working so diligently to complete. I'm very close to being done with a few more but these are the first ones finished. I'm fairly confident they're probably the only runs of their type in the US.

Now... on with the show!

Spectre

Granted there's only four Adams covers in this run but, ask anyone who knows foreign books, these are very difficult books to find.

th_Spectre2Mexico_zpscfb4d608.jpgth_Spectre3Mexico_zpsf44e6a26.jpgth_Spectre4bMexico_zps1a3ceb11.jpgth_Spectre5Mexico_zpsfb848052.jpg

Unexpected

Again not a large run, only nine books with Adams covers but it still took over three years to track down copies of them all.

th_Unexpected104Mexico.jpgth_Unexpected110Mexico_zpsf7db1153.jpgth_Unexpected112Mexico_zps0e91e123.jpgth_Unexpected113Mexico.jpgth_Unexpected114Mexico_zps4d38d915.jpg

th_Unexpected115Mexico_zpsb9a0e66e.jpgth_Unexpected118Mexico_zpsfae6ee98.jpgth_Unexpected121Mexico_zps7fb524da.jpgth_Unexpected124Mexico_zps3c13a285.jpg

How's the market for this stuff? I'm guessing it's seen better days....looking to sell sell sell... Can anyone cue me in on the collecting pulse....I already know Bronze has taken a dip, mainly due to increased census by CGC---although I think that's been limited on bronze horror---the flip side being is anyone collecting this stuff these days.

May send out a sampler to ComicLink and let r rip...in any case I haven't made any decisions firmly yet just trying to gauge.

How's the market for this stuff? I'm guessing it's seen better days....looking to sell sell sell... Can anyone cue me in on the collecting pulse....I already know Bronze has taken a dip, mainly due to increased census by CGC---although I think that's been limited on bronze horror---the flip side being is anyone collecting this stuff these days.

May send out a sampler to ComicLink and let r rip...in any case I haven't made any decisions firmly yet just trying to gauge.

Sterling, if you decide to sell anything, you have a couple Tomb of Dracula slabs I would be interested in.

Sterling, if you decide to sell anything, you have a couple Tomb of Dracula slabs I would be interested in.

Still evaluating what's on the chopping block...duplicates..."no longer high grade"...I may get rid of some titles and keep with the core (HOM, HOS)...still working it through. If my sampler sell off goes badly I guess I'll just keep 'em.

Shame I haven't had renewed interest in completing some of this---but frankly I'm tired looking for books that just aren't showing up. I've even stopped looking on auctions and getting alerts. Kinda sad, but I guess the show must go on.

One of the local guys here in a charlottes had a ton of high grade bronze horror. Structurally the books were 9.6/9.8 but they all had heavy tanning. I almost cried when I picked through his 5 copies of supernatural thrillers #1 to see they all were perfect, no breaks and great color and gloss but brown on the inside. I picked one up just for the heck of it, but with proper storage most of his books would have been top census copies.

Speaking of Foreign editions...

Here is the original cover for Tomb of Dracula #9...

TOD-09.jpg

and here is a cool little digest I picked up today at my LCS...

MarvelDigestSeries201981British852500_zpsc9c72de8.jpg

I like the second colour scheme a LOT better :D

One of the local guys here in a charlottes had a ton of high grade bronze horror. Structurally the books were 9.6/9.8 but they all had heavy tanning. I almost cried when I picked through his 5 copies of supernatural thrillers #1 to see they all were perfect, no breaks and great color and gloss but brown on the inside. I picked one up just for the heck of it, but with proper storage most of his books would have been top census copies.

Yeah I hate it when they look structurally great and then they're basically dust...I certified a number of those type of books and they came out 9.0/9.2 and a few 9.4 but they looked a lot better. Long since sold.

Edited by sterlingcomics

Yeah I hate it when they look structurally great and then they're basically dust...I certified a number of those type of books and they came out 9.0/9.2 and a few 9.4 but they looked a lot better. Long since sold.

I cried with Joey.

Little smoky smell on some of them as well.

:cry:

I cried with Joey.

Yet most of the certified ones were W or OW/W. (shrug)

I cried with Joey.

The PQ was CRM/OW and better. The covers were the problem. Severe tanning on many. Almost a burnt look to them.

Yet most of the certified ones were W or OW/W. (shrug)