• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

The older I get, the more I appreciate Cardy. He did some fantastic work for DC. I put him up there with Kubert & Adams, for my money.
I'd put him on the same level as Dominguez. Very solid and under-rated. Kubert and late SA/early BA Adams are untouchable. Kubert's work was so abundant it'ss easy to dismiss him, but the man was a genius. Doesn't matter the genre or the scene...it always WORKED. Edited by sterlingcomics

The older I get, the more I appreciate Cardy. He did some fantastic work for DC. I put him up there with Kubert & Adams, for my money.
I'm a huge fan of Adams, Wrightson etc. and Cardy certainly deserves to be considered as equal company to those guys.

I'd put him on the same level as Dominguez. Very solid and under-rated. Kubert and late SA/early BA Adams are untouchable. Kubert's work was so abundant it'ss easy to dismiss him, but the man was a genius. Doesn't matter the genre or the scene...it always WORKED.

+1 (thumbs u

So "The Witching Hour" showcase is worth getting?

Just bought some Showcase books House of Mystery 1 & 2, House of Secrets 1 & 2, Secrets Of Sinister House and Ghost. They didn't have The Witching Hour so I will have to find that one later. Found out that most of these are OP and getting hard to find just as Sterlingcomics mentioned. Can't wait for them to arrive so I can start reading.
I waited a while to get the Witching Hour copy and definitely sweated. Word to the wise--grab 'em fresh!

BTW, Weird War Tales was just released on 1/8. Get it cheap on Amazon!

Absolutely. The comedy within is between the 3 witches (who host the stories) and Igor. Good stuff.

Definitely get it. Amazon has it for $20...not the best price but I can't seem to find that one (not even LCS). You can't go wrong with at least the first volume of ANY of these titles. They tend to get dicier as they go along...we can talk about quality of the various series if u need to but like I said HOM is the strongest through it's entire run (the quality suffered in the mid 70s but got better).

Of course none of these have gone past VOL 1 except for HOM and HOS so you are good.

Edited by sterlingcomics

I was going through some long boxes lately and re-discovered this nice copy.

It turns out I have a bunch of higher grade 9.0+ bronze age horror.

Maybe I'll post a few here as I scan them.

I'm going to post this in the GRADE MY BOOK section tomorrow.

Crypt_0f_Shadows_2.jpg

Solid 9.0 imo.

two coming my way from the bay... will post better scans once they are in my hot little hands (I have a medical condition!)

Sinister House of Secret Love #1 CGC 7.5

Really cant tell what the problem is with this book. Scans of the bottom portion didnt show any creasing or big 7.5 worthy problems. Only thing I see is a possible slight hint of back cover staining but the scan doesnt make it look very visible, we'll see what it looks like in hand. Either way considering how nicely centered it was, I wanted it (I'll take lower grade well centered copies at a discount any day!)

sQi9E.jpg

Dracula Lives #3 CGC 8.0

Adams cover, and a Lady in White. I know this is magazine sized, but it went with the theme of Bronze horror, so here it is!

FxL2d.jpg

That SOSL #1 looks good...interesting to hear what's wrong when you get it in hand.

All I can find from the scans is the area in the back that I hilighted in red.

2BEeu.jpg

If that's water damage/stain, it could be bigger than appears in the scan, and it could be much less appealing than in scans, but as you said we'll see once its in hand...

two coming my way from the bay... will post better scans once they are in my hot little hands (I have a medical condition!)

Sinister House of Secret Love #1 CGC 7.5

Really cant tell what the problem is with this book. Scans of the bottom portion didnt show any creasing or big 7.5 worthy problems. Only thing I see is a possible slight hint of back cover staining but the scan doesnt make it look very visible, we'll see what it looks like in hand. Either way considering how nicely centered it was, I wanted it (I'll take lower grade well centered copies at a discount any day!)

sQi9E.jpg

Dracula Lives #3 CGC 8.0

Adams cover, and a Lady in White. I know this is magazine sized, but it went with the theme of Bronze horror, so here it is!

FxL2d.jpg

Just from the pic. Top staple/cover is separating. Check your corners of the book carefully and the back cover. Scrutinize heavy when you look at your books.

Just from the pic. Top staple/cover is separating. Check your corners of the book carefully and the back cover. Scrutinize heavy when you look at your books.

thanks for the eyes grider, which book were you referring to? The Dracula? :wishluck:

thanks for the eyes grider, which book were you referring to? The Dracula? :wishluck:

Sinister House. The top cover where the staple is located is separating. Also check your staples for rust as well.

Great book. Within my horror genre. (thumbs u

Edited by grider67

Sinister House. The top cover where the staple is located is separating. Also check your staples for rust as well.

Great book. Within my horror genre. (thumbs u

Good eyes. BTW, the color choice for this cover KILLS the art. The OA tells the tale.

And just a few days later here it is, all scanned in and pretty...

New Lady in White: Dracula Edition

Dracula Lives (Magazine) CGC 8.0

Sweet Neal Adams cover action

Im also happy to have it with White pages...

Ww6bk.jpg

last place I'll post this (already posted it in General and Sig room)

Love the well placed, and large Neal sig....

Do I wish it was a better centered copy? sure... but who cares!

Gx1IS.jpg

Awesome! :applause: I don't collect horror but I really like this cover. (thumbs u