• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,924 posts in this topic

Nobody on the horor thread mentioned today is (was) 6-6-06? Horrible !!

Sad isn't it? History Channel had lots of stupid stories about the AntiChrist, Satanism and how people are dying on Route 666. These of course, are routine daily discussions in this thread. That is, when we had discussions in this thread.

I feel like a madman screaming in an asylum with padded walls...no one ain't hearing me anymore.

I feel like a madman screaming in an asylum with padded walls...no one ain't hearing me anymore.

Sterling, I think this quote could come back to haunt you - no infinite horror thread pun intended.

Sterling, I think this quote could come back to haunt you - no infinite horror thread pun intended.

It was bait....made you post...

sigh.... juggle.gif

Just got in about 10 books from ebay seller genepliner, and I can definitly say he generally overgardes by .2 to .4 and even a half a grade or a full grade in scarcer cases. I purchased HOM 218 (all his grades) nm, 219 nm, 204 nm, 205 nm-this one may even be a only a 8.0, 211 nm, 212 nm, 215 nm, 217 nm, and 175 in fine--that was a fine minus. Without getting into each book, because they are not in front of me as I wrtie this, most books were a 9.0, maybe one was a 9.2, and one was a 8.5. I can say on the positive side, thay all have nice owtwp pages, a few even white, and he ships quickly and packs securely. But no backing boards.

Just got in about 10 books from ebay seller genepliner, and I can definitly say he generally overgardes by .2 to .4 and even a half a grade or a full grade in scarcer cases. I purchased HOM 218 (all his grades) nm, 219 nm, 204 nm, 205 nm-this one may even be a only a 8.0, 211 nm, 212 nm, 215 nm, 217 nm, and 175 in fine--that was a fine minus. Without getting into each book, because they are not in front of me as I wrtie this, most books were a 9.0, maybe one was a 9.2, and one was a 8.5. I can say on the positive side, thay all have nice owtwp pages, a few even white, and he ships quickly and packs securely. But no backing boards.

Hell, I could have told you that and saved you the time.

Ditto,

I bought three higher issue HOS's from him quite awhile back. All were "supposed" to be NM. I don't like talking about sellers unless they truly rip me off, but this guy cannot grade. I would never buy from him again.

Sorry you got your hopes up and received lesser grade books. I saw the books you are talking about too and stayed away.

Scott

All were "supposed" to be NM. I don't like talking about sellers unless they truly rip me off, but this guy cannot grade.

If I'm not mistaken someone else on the boards bought from this guy and ended up wanting a refund. Still, for eBay standards 0.5 off is not bad...sad as it seems to say that. You just practice due dilligence and make sure the price is in alignment with the most likely (or in some cases worst case) situation.

Hell, I could have told you that and saved you the time.

I won four comics from this guy and for those interested, here's my take.

House of Secrets #84 - with shipping I paid $21.50 - This issue was listed as Very Fine - I feel this comic might be a bit undergraded. It does have a large arrival date written on cover in grease pencil but otherwise book has good corners, gloss, and no color breaking creases or stress lines. I grade it a very strong VF+ 8.5 with a realistic chance of grading VF/NM 9.0 depending how much you penalize it for the date written in grease pencil on the cover. I am very happy with this book for the price I paid. A minus grade for seller on his grading and description for this auction. yay.gif

House of Mystery #192 - with shipping I paid $11.01 - This issue was listed as Very Fine/Near Mint - This was the nicest of the four comics I won. Sharp corners, excellent cover gloss, and no visable flaws to speak of. I grade it at least VF/NM 9.0 but probably a solid NM- 9.2 with an outside shot(10 to 15% chance) at NM 9.4 when it's sent in for grading. I'm exyreamly pleased with this comic. A+ grade for seller on this auction yay.gifyay.gif

House of Mystery #207 - with shipping I paid $9.50 - this was listed as VF/NM - You could tell from the scan that it wasn't close to listed grade(spine stress). I bidded accordingly and got it for a good price considering it's got a Wrightson cover and Starlin art. I grade it a solid 8.0. Again, due to the low price paid, I'm very pleased with this comic. C grade for seller (lowered due to seller overgrading comic).

House of Secrets #89 - with shipping I paid $115.50 - this book was listed as NM. It wasn't even close! Huge spine flaw in middle of comic. Grade is VF+ 8.5 at best! I feel totally cheated on this auction. F minus grade for seller due to total misrep of comic condition.

My question is this. Since I felt great about the other 3 auctions am I being unreasonable to complain about the HOS #89. Ya'all's imput is appreciated.

For $112?!?! Return it! makepoint.gif

Ditto...it seems like to me this seller is within the bounds of acceptance on books...I'm not hearing milehigh types of discrepencies (NM being FN) here.

Let me find the three I bought from and put them on the boards. I will let everyone on here be the judge. The scans might not show everything, but they looked like they had been sat upon. Give me awhile to find them tonight.

Scott

Actually, that would make for an appropriate custom title, doesn't it? 27_laughing.gifshy.gif