• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,928 posts in this topic

great stuff. i like to pick these up and also find that these nice GK painted covers sell as well as most other things from that era when well, usually somewhere like 45-65% of OPG depending on condition, cost, etc. The Twilight Zone covers generally have the same look and feel and some of the stories seem virtually interchangeable.

how many of these were actually selling? seems that those covers wouldn't come cheap, they'd have to pay a real artist something to paint them. do they ever come up for sale? were they re-used on paperbacks or elsewhere?

I picked up the issues because of the consistency of the RH file copies, as well as the relatively cheaper cost for the genre. The painted covers are a mystery to me, as I'm not clear as to who actually produced many of them. Most of the good stories are of course at the beginning of the series, as the interior art waned after a few years. Some nice Sparling, Dominguez, Certa, and I believe Mortimer art. Some of these stories need a "classic" touch since many of the storylines were in older time periods of history. For me it adds an element missing from many of the modern DC Ghosts stories. It's a refreshing change, anyway.

I do know that they repeat some of the covers later in the series, but as to where they got the cover art I am uncertain. I was unclear as to if you were eluding to the cover OA.

Thanks for everyone bearing with my scanning binge this weekend; just wanted to share some cool stuff I've been keeping to myself for a while.

yeah, the cover OA, i never see the covers up for auction and it isn't the sort of thing you'd think would have gotten tossed, particularly in the 70s. the artists who painted them probably kept them, etc.

perhaps they're being sold somewhere, but not necessarily attributed as comic art.