• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,928 posts in this topic

Ripley's 25 in 9.4 from 1971. If 23 is my favorite cover from the series, this one is definitely nipping at it's "heels" Sorry, couldn't resist. I will never forget the Spring-Heel Jack story and cover from this issue. The Ripley's books totally rock.

Scott

Ripleys25.1971.9.4.jpg

Twilight Zone 30 from 1969 in 9.4. I will post this one and mention the other two I picked up as I think Sterling just posted them and I don't want to repeat them all.

I also got the 34 in 9.6 (The one with the killer carnival Kewpie Dolls, my favorite cover from the TZ series) and 35 with the huge chessmen getting ready to smite their oponent. Awesome covers all and the memories they bring back are priceless. Thanks for letting me share them.

Scott

TZ30.1969.9.4.jpg

Having a hard time deciding which HofS81 to keep.

That HOS 83 is killing me. Isn't it odd that I've seen 4 graded copies here in the last few months and not one darn copy graded 9.4 or better? I'm holding out on a 9.4 or better. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Those HOS 81 issues look better than the 9.4 that sold recently IMHO. The second one looks better, and sports WHITE pages. Keep that one.

BTW, I hate you. grin.gif

The 2 checkmarks on the cover are really starting to bother me with the white pager. The offwhite to white copy has a perfect spine except for the top and bottom bumps. I'm really at a lost as to which one to keep. If the other copy didn't have those checkmarks that would be the keeper for sure.

Thanks for noticing my books. I too wonder when an 83 cgc9.4 will surface as well. Seeing how 9.2 copies are selling above $350 you think someone out there with a NM copy would be sending it in on express.

Seeing how 9.2 copies are selling above $350 you think someone out there with a NM copy would be sending it in on express.

Didn't see those check marks on the white paged copy. Oh well. Flip a coin.

Well, Joe S. (drbanner's copy) and I'm assuming Mark L. (ComicLink) bought those HOS 83 9.2 copies. The top has bottomed out as I'm sure that won't be a continuing occurance on the 9.2s. Now, getting a 9.4 will most assuredly be a battle among 3-4 collectors for sure.

I might as well wait for the dust to settle and wait for a 9.6. grin.gif

The 2 checkmarks on the cover are really starting to bother me with the white pager. The offwhite to white copy has a perfect spine except for the top and bottom bumps. I'm really at a lost as to which one to keep. If the other copy didn't have those checkmarks that would be the keeper for sure.

Thanks for noticing my books. I too wonder when an 83 cgc9.4 will surface as well. Seeing how 9.2 copies are selling above $350 you think someone out there with a NM copy would be sending it in on express.

Buck - I feel the same, regarding your HOS 81. Those check marks would drive me nuts. I love the look of the book, but for those two marks. I was prepared to pounce on the book in the Marketplace until I saw the checks. (dang!) I love your HOS 84 - sweet! I happen to dig the Rosa HOM/HOS books quite a bit. I wasn't sure if the HOS 83 Pac-Coast copy that just sold on the Link would snag that asking price, but it did! Now I'm wondering if I should've pulled the trigger. Ah well - I'll wait around for another...

Thanks for sharing your books - always fun to look at 'em. Never gets old for me. 893applaud-thumb.gif