• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,909 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jayman said:

Yeah, I seem to remember in a Christopher Lee Dracula movie, him out on a frozen lake and Van Helsing shooting bullets into the ice. The running water coming up through the ice was paralyzing to Dracula. When the ice cracked he fell in and drowned (at least till the next movie)!

As far as how that works in the DC universe, it doesn't. At least not in Swamp Thing Vol.2 where in an early issue Swampy defeats a group of vampires but they return in a later issue having survived underwater and have become almost amphibious.

Great info, and there you go regarding the DC universe! I wish everyone would have just followed Stoker's Dracula for strengths and weaknesses of a vampire. If anything, maybe reduce some of their strengths compared to Dracula. So, an adult male vampire might have "the strength of nine men" instead of 10, or a comparable strength to greggy. (I must admit though, I don't remember Stoker covering drowning specifically, or many other traits that have popped up over the decades.)

I have always liked vampire tales, but keeping track of what vampires can and can't do across different incarnations is impossible. :cry:

12 hours ago, nepatkm said:

Always liked this cover, very happy to get this copy. :) 

260217234549100.jpg

Beautiful copy :cloud9:  Marvel reprints don't get enough love!

Been on the look out for a nice dark red, well centered myself, congrats! :golfclap:

Off topic: 

What's going on with the slab notes on this series? Did they change to adding cover artists at some point? And why no notes of the creators of the stories? I know they are reprints, but this book has Stan Lee, Kriby, Sinnot, Heck. They are worthy of a note on the slab 2c

It seems pretty random if they add the cover artist(s), and I know some of artists aren't known, but I think they should credit the ones they can.

Spoiler

H9iqsRw.jpg

I agree Chadwick, the labels seem so empty on the bronze horror books :( --Yes you are right they should give credit to reprinted material, while also indicating material is reprinted. Also they should give credit to the cover artist, as many of these covers were not reprinted, as this cover by Jim Starlin. (shrug) 

On 2017-02-27 at 5:23 PM, nepatkm said:

I agree Chadwick, the labels seem so empty on the bronze horror books :( --Yes you are right they should give credit to reprinted material, while also indicating material is reprinted. Also they should give credit to the cover artist, as many of these covers were not reprinted, as this cover by Jim Starlin. (shrug) 

Anyone know if you can request artists notes when you sub the books? Some slabs state the cover artists if it's a new cover and some don't. 

15 hours ago, nepatkm said:

Chamber of Darkness #06.jpg

Where Monsters Dwell #07.jpg

So they note some of the Chamber book but only the cover on the Where Monsters Dwell?  ???

There's a great Ditko Merlin story reprint in Chamber 6, where's the label love?

The cover to WMD7 was originally a Kirby with touch-ups by Marie Severin, do they just not care about Marvel Bronze horror?

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 8:52 AM, Jayman said:

Maybe he just got his Drac tux back from the cleaners?:insane:

But in all seriousness, I haven't read that storyline in years so I could be wrong. I think those were his victims that somehow were mystically granted the power to come back and seek revenge...

Ok, I went back and read the issue. I'm happy to report that not only are they skeletons, they are Nazi skeletons! Bennett actually enters the water himself before he knows they are there. So, he is likely not capable of being drowned.

32 minutes ago, electricprune said:
On 2/14/2017 at 8:52 AM, Jayman said:

Maybe he just got his Drac tux back from the cleaners?:insane:

But in all seriousness, I haven't read that storyline in years so I could be wrong. I think those were his victims that somehow were mystically granted the power to come back and seek revenge...

Ok, I went back and read the issue. I'm happy to report that not only are they skeletons, they are Nazi skeletons! Bennett actually enters the water himself before he knows they are there. So, he is likely not capable of being drowned.

Damn Nazi skeletons :mad: