• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,909 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, RogueRunner said:

Picked up a nice copy of HOS 103. Great Wrightson cover:

8FE7B9DC-D21F-444A-8819-301A28A0FB2E.jpg

Yup, nice tough black cover!

Never quite understood what Abel is doing though. Is he holding dripping candle wax or is he just giving us the finger? :insane:

14 hours ago, Jayman said:

Yup, nice tough black cover!

Never quite understood what Abel is doing though. Is he holding dripping candle wax or is he just giving us the finger? :insane:

Funny you guys should mention this cover. I must have looked at it a zillion times and never really noticed the skull in the smoke.. until I saw this.

Counting the days and salivating till this bad boy goes to press.

re.. what is he doing... my interpretation, is that he often lights his way through the HOS via candlelight. In this case, he's so mesmerized and/or scared by the skull rising in the plumes of smoke, that he

barely notices the candlewax melting over his fingertips!

STL053796?type=1

Edited by bronze_rules

7 hours ago, bronze_rules said:

Funny you guys should mention this cover. I must have looked at it a zillion times and never really noticed the skull in the smoke.. until I saw this.

Counting the days and salivating till this bad boy goes to press.

re.. what is he doing... my interpretation, is that he often lights his way through the HOS via candlelight. In this case, he's so mesmerized and/or scared by the skull rising in the plumes of smoke, that he

barely notices the candlewax melting over his fingertips!

STL053796?type=1

Interesting. I always noticed the smoke skull but for years as a kid I just assumed he was holding a candle. It still reminds me of candle wax but knowing Berni's love of drawing protoplasmic creatures, it might be some kind of supernatural ooze. A close look at the tip of his fingers and it seems to be rising instead of dripping. hm

Kind of reminds me of that scene from Prometheus where David is playing with the black ooze and its dancing around on the end of his fingers.

Edited by Jayman

Very nice! That WBN 9 was the first one I started buying as a kid. Had to find the earlier issues as I got older. I also like that Micronauts cover, never saw that one before. (thumbsu

On 3/23/2017 at 8:11 AM, Jayman said:

There was also a movie or perhaps a tv series (thinking True Blood) that touched on a quirky Vampire trait of having an unnatural compulsion to have to count items. The scene I remember seeing is where someone wanted to slow down a vampires advance and so left a box of matchsticks spilled on the floor. The Vampire had to stop and count them all upon seeing them! :insane:

Sounds like a riff on Sesame Street's count!

On 6/8/2017 at 7:13 PM, oakman29 said:

Beautiful examples of Wrightson work.

Yea I love all 3 of those covers. Looking for all of those in 9.4 or better.

1 hour ago, IngelsFan said:

Any day the mailman brings me two 20 centers with Wrightson covers is a pretty awesome day:

image.jpeg

Now that's a special delivery! Wrightson gold for only 20 cents. How could any kid in the seventies have resisted? Great pickups! (thumbsu