• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,909 posts in this topic

On 11/21/2023 at 2:22 PM, sterlingcomics said:

Here's a fun fact. I only have one 8.x bronze book, cause I never saw anything higher. HOM 256. Love that Wrightson cover. HOM 205 still elusive. I think I have 2 9.2 and everything is 9.4 up. I know I have boxes of "undercopies" as I was upgrading.

I know how hard it can be to find some of these books in high grade, including the ones you mentioned. I had a few HOM 205 in 8.5 - 9.0 and sold them thinking a better copy would come along... :tonofbricks:

And, yes, we want ALL of your undercopies!

On 11/21/2023 at 2:01 PM, sterlingcomics said:

Social call. I haven't really bought much in over ten years. Checking out the market....seeing if I need to do round 2 or sell em off at some point. I just now found out there's a pedigree label. Not a fan of the color.

Is shiverbones around? Who from the original crew still hangs? Have we lost anyone? I know RIP DM'd me, greggy's still being greggy. BSD extraordinaire.

And if you want them to appear in this thread you have to summon them like this (not sure if the old forum had this option):

@shiverbones

@Rip

@greggy

On 11/21/2023 at 10:22 PM, sterlingcomics said:

Here's a fun fact. I only have one 8.x bronze book, cause I never saw anything higher. HOM 256. Love that Wrightson cover. HOM 205 still elusive. I think I have 2 9.2 and everything is 9.4 up. I know I have boxes of "undercopies" as I was upgrading.

Are you the same Sterlingcomics that used to bid in John Pire's Vault auctions many years ago? 

On 11/21/2023 at 5:01 PM, sterlingcomics said:

Is shiverbones around? Who from the original crew still hangs? Have we lost anyone? I know RIP DM'd me, greggy's still being greggy. BSD extraordinaire.

:hi:

On 11/22/2023 at 2:49 AM, sterlingcomics said:

I’m not even sure what that is. Man I’ve forgotten where to get basic supplies. 😂

John Pires ran Vault auctions, a UK dealer who was way ahead of the game and turned up some amazing comics and related stuff, I remember bidding on stuff and seeing Sterlingcomics was winning it at the time, thought it might have been you, pretty sure Greg was there too, but I may have made the whole thing up after reading your response. O.o

On 11/21/2023 at 3:56 PM, batmiesta said:

Are you the same Sterlingcomics that used to bid in John Pire's Vault auctions many years ago? 

I am the same greggy that used to bid in those auctions. 

On 11/21/2023 at 2:01 PM, sterlingcomics said:

Social call. I haven't really bought much in over ten years. Checking out the market....seeing if I need to do round 2 or sell em off at some point. I just now found out there's a pedigree label. Not a fan of the color.

Still around buddy. Hope all is going well!

Happy Turkey day All! Nice to see ya @Rip @shiverbones @greggy @batmiesta

I'm pretty sure I've been all over the place. Don't even know who is around and not. It's like I'm the sterlingcomics in an alternate dimension and I've crossed over somehow.