• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Werewolf story Big Flaw in CGC system

23 posts in this topic

got a WWby Night 10 CGC 9.4 wpage last year for $51 (same price as 9.6),came with bottom smashed up, so i figure it was a 9.2 now, send back for full refund,dealer reslabbed it (not regrade) and sold it for $32. saw it again last week on Ebay,put a $35 bid that didn't meet reserve,someone use buy it now for $100!!!

Big Flaw in CGC system

25c CGC 9.6 Conan is fetching same price as Conan 23,24, CGC 9.6, Check GPA

around $90.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!

It sounds like you have a short attention span.Capt Diva...ahh baseball season...got to sell my books so I can buy more .... must be flaw in system....just check GPA...Love CGC 9.8 books, but too expensive...flaw in pricing...must get air...GASP.

got a WWby Night 10 CGC 9.4 wpage last year for $51 (same price as 9.6),came with bottom smashed up, so i figure it was a 9.2 now, send back for full refund,dealer reslabbed it (not regrade) and sold it for $32. saw it again last week on Ebay,put a $35 bid that didn't meet reserve,someone use buy it now for $100!!!

Big Flaw in CGC system

around $90.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I'll have to get back to you on that...

Big Flaw in CGC system

around $90.

"I won a Werewolf by Night 10 CGC 9.4 with white pages last year for $51, which is about the same price as what a 9.6 would go for at the time (?). when it arrived, the bottom of the CGC case was smashed up, so I figure the damage brought the grade down to a 9.2 now. I sent it back for full refund. The dealer had it reslabbed but not regraded so it is still a CGC 9.4, and he resold on ebay again for $32. The buyer who won it for $32 was trying to flip it again last week on Ebay. I put a $35 bid on it that didn't meet reserve, and then someone used buy it now option and won it for $100!!! I think a major flaw with CGC prices achieved is that a 25c CGC 9.6 Conan is fetching same price as Conan 23 or 24 in the same grade, CGC 9.6 (which is a 20c cover?). Please refer to GPA to verify the validity of my claims, which place these books around $90 on average..."

confused-smiley-013.gif I speak ADD fluently tongue.gif

Big Flaw in CGC system

around $90.

"I won a Werewolf by Night 10 CGC 9.4 with white pages last year for $51, which is about the same price as what a 9.6 would go for at the time (?). when it arrived, the bottom of the CGC case was smashed up, so I figure the damage brought the grade down to a 9.2 now. I sent it back for full refund. The dealer had it reslabbed but not regraded so it is still a CGC 9.4, and he resold on ebay again for $32. The buyer who won it for $32 was trying to flip it again last week on Ebay. I put a $35 bid on it that didn't meet reserve, and then someone used buy it now option and won it for $100!!! I think a major flaw with CGC prices achieved is that a 25c CGC 9.6 Conan is fetching same price as Conan 23 or 24 in the same grade, CGC 9.6 (which is a 20c cover?). Please refer to GPA to verify the validity of my claims, which place these books around $90 on average..."

confused-smiley-013.gif I speak ADD fluently tongue.gif

Puny Banner not know what poster mean, but Hulk know! Hulk think Giant Size (like Hulk) 25-cent Conan 10 and 11 worth same as Conan 23 and 24 in puny plastic that say 9.6. sumo.gif

Conan 23 and 24 remind Hulk of Jarella... frown.gif

haven't got it yet, all i am saying is that how many bad plane, train, or automobiles trips and /or reslabbing will it take to degrade a CGC 9.4 book.What criteria does CGC use in reslabbing a cracked case, i have CGC books that have hairline crack at top corner that does not seem to affect comic, and once had Creatures on the Loose 16 CGC 9.4 with the bottom so smashed up with several plastic pieces falling out.

haven't got it yet, all i am saying is that how many bad plane, train, or automobiles trips and /or reslabbing will it take to degrade a CGC 9.4 book.

A valid point--at one point there was even a thread saying that the way the slab is stored can even make a difference--and vertical was not as beneficial as horizonal storage. In short, love your comics and they will love you back flowerred.gif

So far out of your three posts in this thread, I don't have clue as to what your talking about. What does the your overpaying for a WBN have to do with the sales realized sales of Conan issues in a higher grade? Are you concerned with grades changing during reholdering at CGC, or are you bitter because you were outbid on some Conan books?

Somehow, I really don't even care what the answer is.

Welcome to the boards, hope you become more coherent with more posts! thumbsup2.gif

only 2 points,

1 reason for inflating prices is wanting to score points in CGC registry,

unless one know the complete history of a CGC book,how often has it exchange hands,and handled,or how many time it had been reslabbed, how can one be certain that it is a CGC 9.4,9.6,9.8,9.9, or 10.0.

unless one know the complete history of a CGC book,how often has it exchange hands,and handled,or how many time it had been reslabbed, how can one be certain that it is a CGC 9.4,9.6,9.8,9.9, or 10.0.

Have you been reading posts by Beyonder?

foreheadslap.gif

Oh. Welcome to the boards! hi.gif

only 2 points,

1 reason for inflating prices is wanting to score points in CGC registry,

1. Noone is really sure how they come up with the Registry score. It has been suggested that OS values may be a factor as the points do correspond with values in the OS. CGC has not commented on these as far as I know of. I really don't believe someone would overpay for a book in order to enter it into the registry. At this point in time and the near future the Registry is a non-factor in the prices realized.

2. This has been suggested many times on these boards. Unless a system is created to "tag" a book, there is no way follow the history of a book. The only way to identify a book is if it has a particular marking or characteristic, such as some pedigree books, or with date stamps. A book can only be graded on its present condition which may vary from person to person. CGC even says that some books fall inbetween grades, so that if resubmitted it may get a higher or lower grade, by a .2 margin.

Have you been reading posts by Beyonder?

foreheadslap.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif