• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHO WINS??

120 posts in this topic

There was no second book when Shootin decided to buy. The second book was posted during the time it took him to post the :takeit:

Could he have foreseen a second book being posted in less than a minute? Probably not. Would he do the same thing in the future? Probably not.

Had sassemble taken another 30 seconds to post the second book -- wouldn't had been an issue. :acclaim:

Spider-Dan's posting of the rules is apropos but this is one that falls through the cracks without attributable blame in my book. (shrug)

I think Spider-Dan should do the gentlemanly thing and let the other guy have the book. It would give Spider-Dan extra "cool" points, good karma, and he'd probably find a nice copy of the same book in the not-too-distant future anyway.

If comic has already been sold to Spider-Dan, Spider-Dan should sell it directly to ShootinStr8, but ShootinStr8 should pay Spider-Dan's shipping expenses. Also, ShootinStr8 should sign a form promising that from now on he will always specifically state which comic he means when he says "I'll Take It."

Then everybody should have a group hug.

You know - a more cogent question is who wins between the BSDs and the collectors around here? When I see the cheap threads where the BSDs buy multiple books..., using their high, high speed internet access to swoop in and pick up a ton of books to resell..., press and resell..., encapsulate and resell..., press, encapsulate and resell....., to the very people who are trying to put together a collection....., well, I cringe.

I always defer a speculation book to a collector, but I see plenty of others with no....., for lack of a better word, conscience. I know many have been burned around here by sob stories, but I think this would be a better place if some of the BSDs exercised a little bit of constraint. And no, I don't have any way of telling the closet BSDs from the out-of-the-closet BSDs. :sorry:

When I see the cheap threads where the BSDs buy multiple books..., using their high, high speed internet access to swoop in and pick up a ton of books to resell...

Only BSDs have really really fast internet???... :insane:

When I see the cheap threads where the BSDs buy multiple books..., using their high, high speed internet access to swoop in and pick up a ton of books to resell...

Of course not, but there are those of us in the outlying provinces who cannot compete with the speed of those in the big cities.

Of course not, but there are those of us in the outlying provinces who cannot compete with the speed of those in the big cities.

Those gosh darn city slickers! :baiting:

Damn city folk... :sumo:

Actually there were 2 books listed when he hoisted the

Not necessarily...the time stamp is the same as the second book posting and the :takeit: posting...he could've been posting the :takeit: 1 sec. after the ASM #46 was ...

(shrug)

Read it slowly until it sinks in... ;)

It's very likely that when he clicked to reply to the #45 that the #46 was not listed yet, and then as he replied the #46 was listed and both posts appeared with the same time stamp.

Either way - the rules states if its not idetified what you take, and someone else jumps in... you lose

There are going to be two views here:

Those who want to apply the letter of the law. You win.

Those who want to apply the intent of the law. He made what people believe to be an honest mistake and it's not hard to see which book he was referencing.

I agree, according to the letter of the law you clearly win.

(thumbs u

Well put Roy but if it was my thread Shootin would get the book no question. Obviously an honest mistake by a boardie with 40 posts.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in :applause:

At least I learned how to go back and check what they quoted from thanks to Lizard! That knowledge will come in handy if this situation comes up again.

WOW! Lotta drama here about a whole lotta nuthin'...

Finally saw Black Swan last night...now there'some drama! :insane:

Weird movie

Freaked the s h I t e outa me! :o but I kinda dug it...

t

You know - a more cogent question is who wins between the BSDs and the collectors around here? When I see the cheap threads where the BSDs buy multiple books..., using their high, high speed internet access to swoop in and pick up a ton of books to resell..., press and resell..., encapsulate and resell..., press, encapsulate and resell....., to the very people who are trying to put together a collection....., well, I cringe.

I always defer a speculation book to a collector, but I see plenty of others with no....., for lack of a better word, conscience. I know many have been burned around here by sob stories, but I think this would be a better place if some of the BSDs exercised a little bit of constraint. And no, I don't have any way of telling the closet BSDs from the out-of-the-closet BSDs. :sorry:

Before this buried because it is, perhaps, too a sensitive point -- I agree, a cogent question.

Perhaps a matter of restraint.

Wait...wait...wait... what?

Are you really sayin that the BDS's have higher speed connections so they can swoop on books and then press and resell them? I'm reaaaallllyyy confused by your whole post. ???

Wait...wait...wait... what?

Are you really sayin that the BDS's have higher speed connections so they can swoop on books and then press and resell them? I'm reaaaallllyyy confused by your whole post. ???

Yes. If it helps your business, why wouldn't you?

But...., take away the high speed internet comment for a moment, and think of the rest of the comment.

Now, add in the possibility that many of the BSDs live in a heavily populated area that can support their business, as well as higher-speed internet. I have seen sales threads here where many of the books are taken by BSDs for resale, while the common joe collectors can't get a :takeit: in fast enough.

All I'm asking is for is a little restraint.

There are also the common joes with high speed internet as well.