• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess which DC hero is getting a movie next?

79 posts in this topic

HAWKMAN? (shrug)

http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/showthread.php?43207-Hawkman-Movie-Plans-Revealed-A-Bit-Like-These-Other-Popular-Movies

Warner Bros. are in the process of hiring writers for a Hawkman movie, but already have their most basic of basic pitches for the film in place. All this just when we'd been asking "When will Hawkman get his movie?"

Here's the published logline:

Part INDIANA JONES/DA VINCI CODE, part GHOST tentpole about the fictional superhero that appears in D.C. Comic books. He used archaic weaponry and large, artificial wings attached to a harness made of the Nth metal that allows flight. Most incarnations of Hawkman work closely with a partner/romantic interest named Hawkgirl or Hawkwoman in his fight against supervillains. Based on the DC comic.

I really thought we would get Wonder Woman or Swamp Thing or even Martian Manhunter before Hawkman.

Not the Flash? :roflmao:

WTF are the suits thinking? Let's take a C grade character like Hawkman and give him a movie before a B grade character like the Flash. doh!

WTF are the suits thinking? Let's take a C grade character like Hawkman and give him a movie before a B grade character like the Flash. doh!

Agreed. Hawkman had zero wow appeal. Could you dream up a more lame

power?

How about talking to fish or shrinking to the size of an ant?

lol

Id be excited to watch this, especially if they sort of spin off from Smallville. I think this is what the companies do to expand the fanbase of slightly lower grade characters, such as what Marvel did with Deadpool and Thor.

power?

How about talking to fish or shrinking to the size of an ant?

I will see every any any comic book movie, regardless of character, before I would see anything that would be related to an Aquaman film.

when GL bombs, this will all be moot

I can't wait for that movie to be a failure.

The newer footage is hyping me up.

don't worry a certain "BB 34 Club" thread is begging to be made in the meantime.

The newer footage is hyping me up.

Yeah - the trailers make me want to go, even though I think GL is the lamest Aquaman shoe-shine boy I could think of........., :P

power?

Don't think of the comics, think of the eye appeal and ability to empathize with the superhero by the audience....., I think Hawkman is a natural choice. I"m excited to learn this :thumbsup: