• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kevin Smith starting a "Pawn Stars for fanboys" show

17 posts in this topic

Sounds cool. I go there quite a bit and was thinking of brining something but doubt it. I love all the Pawn star shows and this one would be right up my alley. but yeah might not have alot of appeal to a major audience. Then again people love movie meorabilia and Comic book movies do real well and have a huge audience.

can we have the guy who directed Clerks back please?

I saw Red State at one of his screenings. You won't be disappointed. It is so much different than anything he has done recently. A really gritty feel to it. I enjoyed the heck out of it.

I saw Red State at one of his screenings. You won't be disappointed. It is so much different than anything he has done recently. A really gritty feel to it. I enjoyed the heck out of it.

I caught the 2nd ever screening at Sundance this year. It was very interesting hearing Smith taking about his distribution model in the Q & A afterwards. Just like he stole the show in the film, Michael Parks was scintillating in the Q&A.

I believe Parks' portrayal of Phelps-esque Pastor Abin Cooper is one of the highlight performances of a crazy in the whole history of film. Right up there in stature with McDowell's Little Alex or Hopkins' Hannibal Lechter.

is this the one about the two insufficiently_thoughtful_persons running a comic shop ?.. I saw a trailer for sometihng like that on tv yesterday

I caught the 2nd ever screening at Sundance this year. It was very interesting hearing Smith taking about his distribution model in the Q & A afterwards. Just like he stole the show in the film, Michael Parks was scintillating in the Q&A.

I believe Parks' portrayal of Phelps-esque Pastor Abin Cooper is one of the highlight performances of a crazy in the whole history of film. Right up there in stature with McDowell's Little Alex or Hopkins' Hannibal Lechter.

I saw it in March in Atlanta and couldn't agree more. Parks blew it out of the water.

No spoilers or anything, but there are some disturbing parts to this movie. A must see for horror/Kevin Smith/film fans.

is this the one about the two insufficiently_thoughtful_persons running a comic shop ?.. I saw a trailer for sometihng like that on tv yesterday

(shrug) huh?

I am clearly thinking of something else lol

I can't imagine this show gets picked up by a network. I guess if it does it would be a good thing though. When people find out the they have in the garage is worth something they might dig it all up and flood eBay with it. And, when people find out the they are trying to sell for 1992 Wizard prices are never going to get what they are asking we might see less spam garbage on Craigslist.

I hope like hell this finds a network to pick it up, 'cause I'd watch it religiously.

I mean, I catch the occasional episode of PAWN STARS & PICKERS ( more so the latter, I don't go for all the dumb family drama that goes on in STARS, plus I've seen them rip too many people off for my liking ), but a show based on the comics & other collectibles that I love so much? That'd be AWESOME.

And while it might not seem as if it would find an audience large enough to keep in on the air, i believe it will. Especially with Smith involved.