• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A tornado in my neighborhood!!

28 posts in this topic

http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/local/hampden/Tornado-touches-down-in-downtown-Spfld

Not as bad as Joplin, and there haven't been any reports of deaths (thankfully), but scary stuff for a town that never sees tornados!!

Those buggers are starting to touch ground everywhere... I used to be afraid of nuclear warfare as a kid, but now I've grown frightened of twisters. We had a few mini twisters the last few years. It's only a matter of time....

I'm glad you're ok.

The news has confirmed one death from this storm...RIP.

It is still ugly here with heavy rains, winds, lightning and hail. And they have issued tornado warnings until 11pm tonight!

Thanks to all the well wishers! I can't believe how beautiful today is outside compared to yesterday! Although, I wouldn't go downtown and say that. :(

This was 5 miles away from me. I feel very lucky I wasn't on that bridge and thankfully nobody was hurt!

There was a tractor trailer that tipped over when it hit the bridge. They interviewed the woman that was in the car behind it about an hour later and she was still shaken up. She said she got out of her car and asked the tractor driver if he was okay. Miraculously he was!

:o

My vehicle was fine, but my cousin just bought a new Murano that got crushed by a falling building!

Thats a nice looking Jeep too! Is that fish netting thats draped across it?