• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Four Color # 4

16 posts in this topic

Got this in a small original owner collection of about 50 books,mostly 40`s and 50`s non-superhero titles. I posted this on the Please Grade section,and 1.8 seemed to be what people who chimmed in on thought. I feel thats about right,but who knows. Pages are pretty descent,cover and pages still supple. Not sure what the market is on this. Asking $ 2000. Any questions,concerns,bonehead comments ...bring it on. No HOSers.

24o5z5j.jpg

wjdysm.jpg

this book has 3 staples,but are loose at the bottom 2 and barely on at the top.....

Since I know very little about Ducks books,I had to look in Overstreet to educate myself. There were a couple Donald Duck books that came out in `35,`36,`38 that had heavy linen-like covers and cardboard cover,this came out in 1940 (3/40 ?) and is comic book format.

The scan at comics.org shows 3 staples as well. This predates WDCS #1. Of course the Mickey Mouse Magazines would be earlier but this may be the first Donald Duck titled "comic book."

It also Predates the Large Feature 16 which is also a solo book.

Any of the linen books and other childrens type books wouldn't qualify as comic books by most standards so this has to be #1

ok,had a couple people say this was more like a 1.0-1.5,I feel that its at the very least a 1.5. But,whatever you feel the grade is, a 1.0,1.8 or 1.5....I am offering this at my final drop of $1000........and will STILL throw in a really,really low grade copy of Christmas Parade # 1.