• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FANDOM
3 3

504 posts in this topic

great pictures thanks

Thanks Mitch. I had to reorient some of them after getting back home. They looked right when displayed on my IPad, but on my home computer they were upside down.

Here are more wall & table shots taken Sunday ...

9943c7e0-29d7-4f7b-a7fe-d9004483446e_zpsc6k9qlww.jpg

883ab62c-1dd4-4134-a970-3bcc3897d437_zpshn8nhsvw.jpg

6418f9f6-675e-4d1a-81b6-1823c38fe15a_zpspn7m9gin.jpg

image_zpscxvzy3ow.jpeg

image_zps1ddpdda6.jpeg

image_zpsmyqqiani.jpeg

:applause:

Great stuff David.

What's interesting is that the writer DIDN'T resort to the "Wham Smash Pow" article title cliche and really didn't play up the "look at how much money people are paying" aspect either.

Howard the Duck a $1,000 comic? hm . Maybe, but it's 38 years :o on and I'm still waiting lol

$1,000 maybe by 2050

Sheesh,with all the hubbub over him these past dozen or so months I was concerned it may have been this year!Alarmed,really lol

Great stuff David.

What's interesting is that the writer DIDN'T resort to the "Wham Smash Pow" article title cliche and really didn't play up the "look at how much money people are paying" aspect either.

Howard the Duck a $1,000 comic? hm . Maybe, but it's 38 years :o on and I'm still waiting lol

$1,000 maybe by 2050

Sheesh,with all the hubbub over him these past dozen or so months I was concerned it may have been this year!Alarmed,really lol

It's unclear how the value of HtD applies to this thread, but I predict Howard will go eiderdown or up eventually. hm

OAF Con was a blast! I have been trying to attend for the last eight years, but every year some scheduling conflict arose, whether another convention or a store event or the local book and paper show. This year I decided to blow everything else off and go, no matter what. I am so glad I did. A buddy of mine flew into Houston on Thursday, we packed the van and drove up Friday, had a great meal at a really nice Italian restaurant in Norman, saw Cat and his wife Roxanne back at the hotel and watched the end of the World Series game. Saturday morning set-up started at 7:30 am. Tough to wake up that early but the lure of old funnybooks was pretty overwhelming. Bart Bush and the OAF crowd do a great job of accumulating a roomful of dealers and collectors with cool vintage material. Tons of boxes of old comics, pulps, big little books, premiums and movie paper to dig through. And so many folks with great stories to tell about the early days of comics fandom. It was great to see Bud Plant, Michelle Nolan, Eric Groves (bought a stack of cool books from Eric), Buddy Saunders, the Houston crew - Harold, Ken, and Clayton, Robert Brown and his amazing assortment of nostalgia, Rich Halegua, Scott McAdams, and everyone else. Simply a fun weekend. So a big thank you to Bart. And all of you should definitely mark your calendars and make plans to go to OAF Con next year. It is well worth the trip.

Great stuff David.

$1,000 maybe by 2050

It's unclear how the value of HtD applies to this thread, but I predict Howard will go eiderdown or up eventually. hm

:sorry:

He was mentioned in one of the news articles.

Another off topic...may i see a larger image of your RedRaven?or link to where it has been posted before?

Great stuff David.

$1,000 maybe by 2050

:sorry:

Another off topic...may i see a larger image of your RedRaven?or link to where it has been posted before?

I wasn't scolding, ...it was just an irresistible opportunity for a duck pun. gw.gif

And here's S&K's Red Raven...

14f2814e-1836-4f48-a678-1213a84cce87_zpscttheqdk.jpg

Love to see the books you bought. :popcorn:

Certainly would.

I had so much fun just digging through boxes and finding buried treasures. I bought about fifty random comics with cool covers or stories.

I also picked up a really nice Little Orphan Annie Pop-Up Book. As I get a chance to scan them I will post them. But for now here is one...

daredevil106.jpg

Great stuff David.

$1,000 maybe by 2050

:sorry:o

I wasn't scolding, ...it was just an irresistible opportunity for a duck pun. gw.gif

And here's S&K's Red Raven...

14f2814e-1836-4f48-a678-1213a84cce87_zpscttheqdk.jpg

Thanks Cat.The urge to read that would kill me,but the 'bill' to get it flown south and reslabbed would ruffle my feathers...harharhar!

Love to see the books you bought. :popcorn:

Certainly would.

I had so much fun just digging through boxes and finding buried treasures. I bought about fifty random comics with cool covers or stories.

I also picked up a really nice Little Orphan Annie Pop-Up Book. As I get a chance to scan them I will post them. But for now here is one...

daredevil106.jpg

Nice. Don't think I've seen that one before.

Great pics :applause: more please

I'll see what I can conjure up. CrystalBall2.gif

Here's a few more... :insane:

28423eda-b887-4b01-be97-430fa35f5828_zpsenbnxdvz.jpg

c38e5c53-a687-43f5-b837-87eafd66eb43_zpsc7caeoj2.jpg

d9cf00aa-7f09-4d71-bce6-8acf11189fef_zpsrwjcplkc.jpg

Kind of reminds me of hotel cons from ye olden days.

Not that there's anything wrong with that! :D

Kind of reminds me of hotel cons from ye olden days.

That's exactly what it was like.