• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OK, so what's YOUR shocking confession about your collection?

90 posts in this topic

When I was 7 or 8 (1970) I was looking at my older brothers comic book collection when he was'nt around,and I started tearing some of them up.One of the books was an AF 15 that I ripped to shreads,man my brother was pretty upset.Not my collection but something that I was involved in. doh!

:o

That may be worse than what my brother did to me. I left about 10 long boxes at my parent's home over 20 years ago, It consisted of mainly bronze & copper runs that I bought off the rack in my teens: all taken care of very well. I just kept those at my parent's house after I was moving from place to place when I was young. I finally decided to move them to my house about 5-6 years ago and found out that my brother, just a few months prior, needed some cash and decided to sell them to a local dealer for, like, $800. I was going to f'n kill him and it is a sore spot with me to this day. I was mad as hell and told him I would have paid him more for my own collection.

Come to think of it... what scenario is worse? Ripping an AF 15 to shreds or selling off someone else's collection for a pittance.

When I was 7 or 8 (1970) I was looking at my older brothers comic book collection when he was'nt around,and I started tearing some of them up.One of the books was an AF 15 that I ripped to shreads,man my brother was pretty upset.Not my collection but something that I was involved in. doh!

:o

That may be worse than what my brother did to me. I left about 10 long boxes at my parent's home over 20 years ago, It consisted of mainly bronze & copper runs that I bought off the rack in my teens: all taken care of very well. I just kept those at my parent's house after I was moving from place to place when I was young. I finally decided to move them to my house about 5-6 years ago and found out that my brother, just a few months prior, needed some cash and decided to sell them to a local dealer for, like, $800. I was going to f'n kill him and it is a sore spot with me to this day. I was mad as hell and told him I would have paid him more for my own collection.

Come to think of it... what scenario is worse? Ripping an AF 15 to shreds or selling off someone else's collection for a pittance.

When i was like 14, my older brother got mad at me because my parents caught him drinking and he thought i was the one that ratted him out. He took a short box of my comics and threw it in our pool which i didnt find out about until the next morning :mad:

Luckily, they werent anything crazy valuable but they were my alltime favorite comics to read. Mostly X-men between like 110-150 and a bunch of Avengers between between 125-200 :cry:

My 1 shocking confession is that sadly, i have a few early McFarlane ASM issues in my collection that were obtained from my college LCS with a drunken 5 finger discount my Freshman year :blush:

Not one of my proudest moments! In my defense, i did call in an attempt to get the address and send them back 2 years later but they were out of business by then.

I always liked DC's more then Marvels.

Me too! :banana:

But since that's not shocking enough (actually, in a sane world it'd be considered "normal"), then it's either the fact that I have complete runs of every Valiant, Acclaim, Ultraverse, Defiant, Milestone and early Image title published, or that I still buy every single cover of every single Vampirella book that comes out :sumo:

My collection confession is that I'm not a packrat, soon as I acquire too much I start getting rid of stuff. "Getting rid of" usually= ripping stuff up instead of selling, for various reasons

Actually I just destroyed something pretty nice a few minutes ago

Details? :popcorn:

My collection confession is that I'm not a packrat, soon as I acquire too much I start getting rid of stuff. "Getting rid of" usually= ripping stuff up instead of selling, for various reasons

It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again. It places the lotion in the basket. :eek:

I have a shocking confession about my brother's collection.

When I was 14 I was mad at him and went and kicked the shiite out of his X-MEN longbox. 50 yard field goal stuff.

Worst thing i did in terms of comics - I bought a collection from a guy a long time ago which had two boxes of good stuff and 14 boxes of complete drek. He gave me a very nice price on the good stuff on condition that I took everything else.

I couldn't be bothered to track down his local comic store and offer them for a few pence each, and instead chucked all of the drek boxes in a dumpster, as I certainly couldn't be arsed to carry them into the house.

It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again. It places the lotion in the basket. :eek:

...am I the girl in the hole or the guy with the cat? :baiting:

:lol:

I take you for the well landlord.

It was a dog, Princess :gossip: