• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Found box of 80 original Star Wars Figures!!

18 posts in this topic

At a boot sale yesterday (UK eqivalent to a garage sale or flea market) I stumbled across a shoe box of 80 original Star Wars Figures. All between 1977 and 1983 as indicated on the rear of the legs. All in pretty nice condition.

I'm a comic guy, but something in me HAD to have these!! I'm going keep most for myself and will probably just sell the ones I don't hev any attachment to. Any idea's on the rough value of these?

(Tried to upload 4 pics, but we'll see if it works!!)

a>

a>

a>

a>

I've been collecting and researching this line of toys for well over a year now. While loose, incomplete (missing weapons and/or accessories) are not deemed valuable by the collecting community, they are a very neat find.

To accessorize some of these, it will probably cost you more than what you paid for them. The only longshot is if any of these are foreign released figures (i.e. Palitoy or Toltoys - I doubt there are any Lili Ledy) or if there are any variants. For instance, you have a white hair Ben Kenobi and possibly a molded legs Han Hoth (would need close-up pictures of the peg holes in his feet and legs to confirm).

PM me and I can provide you some resources to do some research on them. As is, if they are plain Kenner, sold as a lot, and depending on the figure and overall condition, they'd be worth between $3-5 each. if there are any foreign figures, their values could be significantly more.

I've been collecting and researching this line of toys for well over a year now. While loose, incomplete (missing weapons and/or accessories) are not deemed valuable by the collecting community, they are a very neat find.

To accessorize some of these, it will probably cost you more than what you paid for them. The only longshot is if any of these are foreign released figures (i.e. Palitoy or Toltoys - I doubt there are any Lili Ledy) or if there are any variants. For instance, you have a white hair Ben Kenobi and possibly a molded legs Han Hoth (would need close-up pictures of the peg holes in his feet and legs to confirm).

PM me and I can provide you some resources to do some research on them. As is, if they are plain Kenner, sold as a lot, and depending on the figure and overall condition, they'd be worth between $3-5 each. if there are any foreign figures, their values could be significantly more.

and it's post like this that shows why the board is often a great place. kudos to comic wiz

+100

OMG, I like had all of those guys. I'm surprised I don't collect Star Wars comics. lol

You'd think I would, but I haven't really found a good one yet so I stopped (shrug)

But I am going to be looking for a high grade #1 CGC 35c variant someday soon.

I'm also an avid Star Wars fan and am still working on my MOC "original 12" figures. As much as I love Star Wars (though it does take a back seat to comics), I just don't have much interest in the Star Wars comics. I have my fair share of them, but the stories (outside of the move adaptations) were so-so at best.

I occasionally get the urge to get serious about focusing on a high grade Star Wars comics run, but then I open up and read a few of the issues and always change my mind.

I'm also an avid Star Wars fan and am still working on my MOC "original 12" figures. As much as I love Star Wars (though it does take a back seat to comics), I just don't have much interest in the Star Wars comics. I have my fair share of them, but the stories (outside of the move adaptations) were so-so at best.

I occasionally get the urge to get serious about focusing on a high grade Star Wars comics run, but then I open up and read a few of the issues and always change my mind.

I found an Original Darth Vader in our local antique mall for a couple bucks and an original Yoda w/cloth robe and snake for the same price :whee:

The first comic series lost me when they introduced a 6 foot rabbit!

WTF?!? :mad:

Not even George Lucas would have done that.

...Well, maybe. But still, WTF?!?

The first comic series lost me when they introduced a 6 foot rabbit!

WTF?!? :mad:

hm

10227315AJar-Jar-Binks-Posters.jpg

:roflmao:

Be fair now and quote it all... :baiting:

...Well, maybe. But still, WTF?!?

Remember the pre-release speculation on who this "mysterious" new Jar Jar character was about? Well, maybe some people found out before the midnight showings, but in NH at the Concord showings, I found out the hard way. Before, I thought Wicket was annoying in the Endor battle scenes. I knew he might be somewhat goofy, but I had no idea, he would be the escruciatingly painful to watch in every scene he was in. lol

Han Hoth molded legs? I have a complete Han Hoth, but don't know what "molded legs" entail. I also have a brown snake Yoda. Give me a PM to let me know what I'm looking for, please.

Some links for the OP (which I mentioned I would PM, but thought it would be better to share it instead with other interested boardies) and the boardie asking about Han Hoth molded legs.

Most of the info I mentioned could just as easily be searched on Google and most likely will lead you to either past posts on Rebelscum (RS) or Imperialgunnery (TIG) which are message board communities frequented by SW toy collectors.

I'd highly recommend joining these boards if you want to research the area of SW variants as there is plenty of information which can be searched only if you are logged-in as a member (although it is probably just as useful to search the most popular threads using Google):

PBP/Palitoy Variants

12back.com - A great resource to help determine lines and figure accurate accessories/weapons

Han Hoth molded legs - see under "Major Variation" - this is the figure version with legs moulded in tan plastic rather than painted in tan over blue moulded legs.

Lastly, I just want to emphasize that completeness and condition are two big factors in value. Even in the case of discovering you have a variant, most of the times, accessories and/or weapons can be unique to these types of figures, which means an incomplete figure will require giving the duty to the new owner to hunt down colour and/or variant accurate accessories/figures. This could mean an expensive and unpleasant task and requirement to ramp-up on the research element to avoid being ripped off with fake or reproduction weapons/accessories.

Because of the hassle and expense, most collectors would rather have the figures complete, which conversely means a loose incomplete figure will always be worth a fraction of what a complete one would, and I don't see a figure lot like the OP posted varying much from the per figure value I suggested. I was recently offered an 80 figure lot at a show I did for $60 and turned it down because to fit those 80 figures with weapons and/or accessories, it would have cost me anywhere between $400-800, depending on whether I can deal with a single person to get them all and get a friends price, or whether I have to deal with multiple collectors, pay shipping with each, rinse-repeat - you get the point.

Lastly, with regard to values, although the following suggestion varies with research mileage, eBay can be a decent value gauge, and if you're still stuck, try "politely" posting a "what's it worth" thread in the above referenced message boards.