• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My application for Forum Drama Queen of the month... and a request for help

19 posts in this topic

So I return from an week away from the forums filled with computer troubles, broken crowns, and crummy shows... I get in a day or two of posting... Then discover that while my crown was broken I succeeded in getting an infection, that apparently I didn't catch soon enough, and wound up fighting off a 102 degree fever for four days... I got coherent enough during the illness to make a couple drive-by posts here, and to launch a few eBay auctions, but that was about it...

So today, my first real day back among the living, I watch my eBay auctions coming to a close, the first 20 of them anyway... With about an hour left in them the wife comes home to tell me that I succeeded in giving my illness to her (ain't love grand?) and that she's now popping pills like a rock star... After spending an hour trying to give back some of the care she gave me while I was sick, she finally fell asleep and I returned to see how the auctions closed...

Well... they closed alright... And not just the 20 that were supposed to... All of them closed because eBay NARU'd my account!... 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

Apparently, when I decided to mess around with my email filters on hotmail a couple months ago to try to clear out most of the spam from my inbox, I set my "throw stuff from eBay to the side" filter a little too aggressively... A customer had called the house about 10 days ago and found the voice mailbox full... He filed a "Falsified Contact Info" report with eBay... eBay sent its polite email asking me to verify my phone number, and my email filter dumped it in the "more eBay spam" folder... eBay sent a second less-polite email four days later, and my email filter again dumped it... Today, when I logged in to find out how my auctions did and discover the NARU, I go looking for the reason why and eventually locate the cause... 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

Needless to say, I have changed my email filter... But in the meantime, my account is sitting NARU'd until eBay decides to tell me what to do... 99 Positives this month with no Negs, and here I sit NARU'd...

Anyone ever have this happen? Am I just finding new and unique ways to be the center of attention? Wouldn't it be easier if I just bought a really silly hat?

eBay's email said that it may be 72 hours before they will contact me, and even at that point it's just a matter of them "considering" reinstating the account... foreheadslap.gif

Grrr... I hope this is just a formality...

Any advice and assistance would be appreciated... You're also welcome to point and laugh at my misery... Cries of "Geez, what a [!@#%^&^]!" are fine... I am sending emails to the affected customers, offering that they can cancel the pending transactions if they wish, and explaining what happened...

Grrr... "Forum Drama Queen for the month of April", reporting for duty... and here I thought no one would take the title from Ian for the rest of the year... foreheadslap.gif

Lighthouse

sorry.gif

Grrr... "Forum Drama Queen for the month of April", reporting for duty... and here I thought no one would take the title from Ian for the rest of the year...

There's still 15 days left in April. tonofbricks.gif

Actually, I have had weird stuff like that happen...eBay blows when it comes to fixing stuff.

I bought a camera on eBay, a Minolta DiMage Z1 using the Buy Now option. The āss monkey I bought it from REFUSES to ship it to my address ( I'm in Alaska ). I tell him I will pay whatever the shipping is or he could use my FedEx account, I have 1700 PayPal transactions, verified address...etc. He still wouldn't ship.

Oh well. ...screw him. I bought the camera somewhere else.

15 days later I get a NPB notice ( non-paying bidder )!! 893whatthe.gif So I go throught the extremely drawn out process of contacting eBay...weeks later and tree contacts by me...no response.

UGH..

grin.gif I just got a buyer kicked off eBay this week for a similar thing. Can't answer your over quota emails in a week bye bye. smirk.gif

Sorry though man. Hope ya get back on soon but eBay always likes to take their sweet [!@#%^&^] time with stuff like this.

I've had a less honest seller temporarily suspended for "no valid contact info" - but only after 10 days. Less than one week is ridiculous.

From what I understand, eBbay should let you back on once you point out to them how much money they are not making from your inactive account. (Meg probably learns of each day's new listing numbers in her sleep.)

I'm just hoping y'all feel better.

Larry

'House, you are NOT a drama queen. Having a lot of things happen at once in your life does NOT make you a drama queen. ACTING like the world was coming to an end just because your favorite TV show got bumped to a different slot or like the fate of the free world depends on whether you're able to find some comic book - that leans more toward drama queendom. It's how you react to everything that's the key, not what happens TO you.

All that being said, I hope you're able to resolve things (on ebay and in your life) very quickly. I feel for you, bro!

Just wanted to thank everyone for their assistance, advice, kind thoughts, and ridicule...

All were much appreciated... tongue.gif

After taking their sweet time, eBay reinstated my account a couple hours ago. Took three phone calls and nearly a dozen emails for them to reach the conclusion that they actually wanted my money. And they "hope that (my) future experiences on eBay are pleasant and successful." gee, thanks... Of course, all 50 auctions I was running are gone. And the data isn't even in their system for me to relaunch them. So I have to re-enter all of them by hand from scratch. I probably won't be logged in here at the forums for a couple days while I try to get all this stuff straightened out.

Overstreets ARE on my invoice for this week. I will mention this in a separate thread, but if you are attending WonderCon and want to pick up yours there, just let me know. Otherwise they will go out this week.

If you have ordered an Overstreet from me, please email me with your current shipping address at jscuster@comcast.net I set up that address separately to make sure I would have all the address info in one place. Just dash me a quick email with your id here and your shipping address. Thanks.

***trying to figure out what else I need to do to wrestle the FDQ title from Ian for just a month...***