• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can you remove a color touch?

251 posts in this topic

If a corner of a cover, for example, is clearly excised, does the book get a GLOD?

Why would the book get a GLOD?

The book would be judged and graded as though the missing corner (or scraped colour) was a defect and if there was no other restoration or modifications then it would be put into a blue label.

If a corner of a cover, for example, is clearly excised, does the book get a GLOD?

The book would be judged and graded as though the missing corner (or scraped colour) was a defect and if there was no other restoration or modifications then it would be put into a blue label.

I just assumed, based on admittedly limited knowledge, that if the book was purposefully mutilated, removing coupon, pages, or cutting a corner or the UPC out it would render the book incomplete. (shrug)

I just assumed, based on admittedly limited knowledge, that if the book was purposefully mutilated, removing coupon, pages, or cutting a corner or the UPC out it would render the book incomplete. (shrug)

Ah, gotcha.

I suppose if it was a scenario like a 9.8 book with a missing corner that took it into the 4.0 range they might opt to put it into a 9.8 Qualified, so it is possible.

Sorry Roy but, :roflmao:

Oh, it's OK, people just can't wait to jump in from the side lines and get their digs in on one thing or another and some of them are pretty funny.

lol

I know it's going to bother a lot of people who have an emotional attachment to paper. Everyone has their buttons (as do I) so I get it.

It's all good.

(thumbs u

As soon as I read the Subject line of this thread, I wondered how long it'd be before bindery chips were mentioned. Not long, as it turned out. lol

As soon as I read the Subject line of this thread, I wondered how long it'd be before bindery chips were mentioned. Not long, as it turned out. lol

Like I said the other day, it's the new beetlejuice.

:cool:

If it's the amateur felt pen job, no, as it bleeds through and the only way to remove it is by cutting it out...it's called 'creating a bindery chip', I believe. :/

If it's acylic, it can possibly be removed by a professional.

So funny, so true, and so damn sad.

Is this blasphemy?

Not really.

Are their any people that "un-restore" comics?

Yes there are.

The better question would be should you then a) Disclose the removal, b) Don't disclose the removal, c) Lie about the removal?

I believe that to most people the answer would be A. But like the sands of the Sahara answers shift with the convenience of a dollar.

If it's the amateur felt pen job, no, as it bleeds through and the only way to remove it is by cutting it out...it's called 'creating a bindery chip', I believe. :/

See what I mean, passive aggressive people can't help themselves.

:baiting:

See what I mean, passive aggressive people can't help themselves.

:baiting:

Oh, im not being passive aggressive in the least bit.

Oh, sorry, you've switched gears. Now you're just being an A+ dink with passive aggressive tendencies.

Funny thing is you've never said two words sideways to my face about anything that I've ever done to offend you but you continue to just go on and on in cryptic posts about something or other. Somebody else has to be the new Mark Zaid since you've stopped tolling him. Just jump on some new carcass when it suits your needs or after something new and juicy comes through the grape vine.

Have fun.

(thumbs u

Anyone have example scans of books that had CT on the label and then got the blue label on resub with said CT gone?

Don't know what it was like before, but here is an example of Professional color touch removed by a pro in a blue label. I bought it undisclosed on eBay.

scan0033-1.jpg

Here are closeups of it deslabbed so you can see the damage done for the sake of a blue label

des1-1.jpg

des3.jpg

des2.jpg

Now you're just being an A+ dink with passive aggressive tendencies.

So, disagreeing with your lack of disclosure is passive aggressive behavior?

To answer your question, Arex has seen me at shows (I saw him last week in Charlotte) and doesn't say boo to me in person but has plenty to say on the internet. To me that is passive aggressive. He also has a history of such behaviour towards other boardies like Mark Zaid.

No offence to you at all Digs, as I don't think you and I have ever had a problem with each other, but rather than this becoming a free for all with 13 conversations going on at once I'd rather keep this between Arex and I.

(thumbs u

Oh, sorry, you've switched gears. Now you're just being an A+ dink with passive aggressive tendencies.

Funny thing is you've never said two words sideways to my face about anything that I've ever done to offend you but you continue to just go on and on in cryptic posts about something or other. Somebody else has to be the new Mark Zaid since you've stopped tolling him. Just jump on some new carcass when it suits your needs or after something new and juicy comes through the grape vine.

Have fun.

(thumbs u

Id rather be an A+ dink with passive aggressive tendencies than a cheat, liar, and a moral relativist that how he views situations depends on how much money he can make off it. Exhibit A is your choice to disclose here but not eBay.

Where was anything I said cryptic? I laid out very well what I thought.

I would bet a dollar to a box of donuts that Im not the only one who has the same ideas about you and your shifting ethics. I am also sure that there are people here who feel the same about me. And I am cool with that. But what others think about you, or me to be fair, doesnt matter. Not in this context.

So, the next con you and I are at, would you prefer for me to walk up and tell you what I think of you making the CT dissapear and then claiming it was a bindery chip? Or about how you screwed Nik on the Avengers 57? Or what about when we ate at Shoeless Joes the first time we were in Chicago. Remember, you owed me for a Fine ish JiM 118 and we agreed you would pay my part of the bill and we would be square? The night where not only did you get the book but you, for the first time, skipped out on the bill and, amazingly, Nik picked up the difference? He also refused to let me pay him for my part once I figured out what happened? Or how about when you bailed on a large chunk of dinner at Chicago? Then only tossed in money to make yourself look good? This is after Nik, Greggy, and Angelo and probably others tossed in huge coin themselves? Or how about the statement that Hitler wasnt evil because what he thought what he was doing was the right thing? Or how about having Dale hold a GSX-1 and another high dollar book in Chicago that you were going to get them. Then you show up on Sunday and tell him you are going to pass? Then you complain and belly-ache on the boards because Harley sold a book out from underneath you. Funny how keeping Dale from having the chance to sell two big dollar books doesnt get mentioned. Because I am sure that between both of us yelling at each other is a great way to draw attention at a con. And possibly for me my first time getting arrested and for you at least the second time.

Im very comfortable knowing that im not perfect. I also am very comfortable knowing that I dont have to figure out how to weasel my way out of another "misunderstanding" or whatever word you want to use when you get caught doing something dubious again. Cause it isnt a question of if, just when with you.

Ive farked up before. I said things to David before that I should have never done. I still feel bad about what I said. And this is after I squared things up with him. There are many things I know I have screwed up on and take pains every day to try and make sure I dont do the same things again. I try to live my life doing what is right and doing right by others. You, for some reason, I have trouble doing that. So, after this post, ill fix that myself.

Perhaps it is a personal weakness that I hound people who profess to be one thing but continue to show time and again that what they say and what they do are different.

So, go do what you do, play the big shot with OPM, and sleep well at night. Im done spending energy on you, your shifting ethics, etc. because Im done. Refute what I say as is your right.

To paraphrase Chief Joseph "From where the Sun now sets, I will speak no more to you, forever". Im done, ive said things that I have been meaning to say for a long time. I feel better already.

I dont remember seeing you in Charlotte. I sure as hell didnt go out of my way to avoid you.

So, good luck to you Roy in all you do. I say that will all honesty. But as I said earlier. Im done. Ill go along doing what I do, you go along doing what you do, and I can honestly say I will never reply to another one of your posts again.