• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can you remove a color touch?

251 posts in this topic

If it's the amateur felt pen job, no, as it bleeds through and the only way to remove it is by cutting it out...it's called 'creating a bindery chip', I believe. :/

If it's acylic, it can possibly be removed by a professional.

:signfunny:

Silly question, I know. I guess if it's in the write place, you could cut it out. Is this blasphemy? Are their any people that "un-restore" comics?

Anyone that has opposable thumbs can tear out the color touch. It takes a superior intellect to find a clever name for that kind of operation.

cut it out, but make it look natural. perhaps stick the portion of the comic with the CT on it in the mouth of a small mouse of something and see what happens. I'd avoid a rat because they might go well beyond the CT.

If it's the amateur felt pen job, no, as it bleeds through and the only way to remove it is by cutting it out...it's called 'creating a bindery chip', I believe. :/

POST OF THE WEEK

Ah, get over yourself.

:eyeroll:

I think in your haste to make a post you meant to say acrylic.

:baiting:

The difference is in the type of colour touch.

If it bleeds into the paper, the paper needs to be removed.

If it sits "on top" of the paper, and doesn't bleed into it, then it might be able to be scraped off but you will end up with visible color missing from the paper, likely more than before it was colour touched.

Is this blasphemy?

Not really.

Are their any people that "un-restore" comics?

Yes there are.

The better question would be should you then a) Disclose the removal, b) Don't disclose the removal, c) Lie about the removal?

Is this blasphemy?

Not really.

Are their any people that "un-restore" comics?

Yes there are.

The better question would be should you then a) Disclose the removal, b) Don't disclose the removal, c) Lie about the removal?

I agree with you although you forgot one:

d) people that don't care what was there once and is no longer.

:foryou:

Sorry Roy but, :roflmao:

Oh, it's OK, people just can't wait to jump in from the side lines and get their digs in on one thing or another and some of them are pretty funny.

lol

I know it's going to bother a lot of people who have an emotional attachment to paper. Everyone has their buttons (as do I) so I get it.

It's all good.

(thumbs u

Sorry Roy but, :roflmao:

Oh, it's OK, people just can't wait to jump in from the side lines and get their digs in on one thing or another and some of them are pretty funny.

lol

I know it's going to bother a lot of people who have an emotional attachment to paper. Everyone has their buttons (as do I) so I get it.

It's all good.

(thumbs u

Yes Roy but yours is attached to the set of dead animal hides tightly wrapped around your legs.