• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much does missing coupon drop the grade?

13 posts in this topic

Fair might be a bit harsh given the book was already a Fine, but technically correct.

Although I am impartial to books with stamps out, and might be more lenient then most.

I agree that fair is the highest grade you can get. From the Overstreet guide:

1.0 FAIR (FR): Shows heavy wear. Some collectors consider this the lowest collectible grade because comic books in lesser condition are usually incomplete and/or brittle. Cover may be detached, and inks have lost all reflectivity. Creases, tears and/or folds are prevalent. Corners are commonly rounded or absent. Soiling and staining is present. Books in this condition generally have all pages and most of the covers, although there may be up to 1/4 of the front cover missing or no back cover, but not both. Tape and other forms of amateur repair are more common. Spine roll is more common; spine split can extend up to 2/3 the length of the book. Staples may be missing or show rust and discoloration. An accumulation of staple tears and stress lines may be present, as well as rust migration. Paper is brown and may show brittleness around the edges but not in the central portion of the pages. Acidic odor may be present. Accumulation of interior tears. Chunks may be missing. The centerfold may be missing if readability is generally preserved. Coupons may be cut.

The only recourse you have to get a higher technical grade is if it's qualified.

You would be amazed at the amount of IH181's I've been thru over the

years missing the Marvel stamp.

I hate to admit it, but I was one of those people that cut out the Marvel stamp in IH181. Hey, I was 5 years old!

You would be amazed at how many of them now have stamps . . . :whistle:

I hate to admit it, but I was one of those people that cut out the Marvel stamp in IH181. Hey, I was 5 years old!

Don't feel bad, I was 19 . . . :( At least I cut it out of my CGC 8.5 (Q) copy and not my CGC 9.6 copy :)