• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OK, I fell for it. any help now?

25 posts in this topic

I thought I knew better. I thought I was getting a deal. So I won these 2 books on eBay.

I thought they were 9.9's they're 9.8's. I sent the seller an email, but anyone ever had this happen?

Best case scenario a full refund? or will they send me a couple of 9.9's?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2233870770&category=63767&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWN%3AIT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2233870792&category=63767&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWN%3AIT&rd=1

Anybody? Or Caveat Emptor?

they should refund you the money. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif this sort of reminds me of cgcfan and the QUALIFIED book he didn't purchase because he pulled the trigger with the BIN instead of reading the WHOLE item description. foreheadslap.gif but everything worked out in the end. thumbsup2.gif

They are notorious for being sloppy.

And their defense will be: You were supposed to read the listing - and ask us if you had any questions.

You may be stuck.

Your best recourse: ask for the refund - I seriously doubt they have 9.9 copies to swap with you - and hope you actually get one. That is, after you actually receive the books...

Larry

And their defense will be: You were supposed to read the listing - and ask us if you had any questions.

You may be stuck.

Your best recourse: ask for the refund - I seriously doubt they have 9.9 copies to swap with you - and hope you actually get one. That is, after you actually receive the books...

Larry

Surprisingly, for them, I just got the books today. I know they're notoriously slow on delivery, so this was a pleasent surprise!. One of the cgc holders was cracked, though......

confused-smiley-013.gif

I had a seller whose auction was for Green Lantern 17($30 book in grade) send me DC Special #17($2 book in grade) the auction went for $17. Seller (innovator1, avoid this guy at ALL costs) was a total [!@#%^&^] about it. And eBay you file a fraud claim and never hear anything back par de course for eBay, and the guy is putting up new auctions regularily.

They should get an ex-FBI guy to run the company the candy [!@#%^&^] woman running it now is driving it into the ground.

eBay is a sewer and its to a point that tens of thousands of fraudsters are descending on eBay simply because they know they can thieve and decieve and eBay does nothing.

27_laughing.gif

This would require that they get off their butts and DO something...! Not gonna happen...

Bite the bullet, cause odds are NeatStuff aint gonna be much help..

All I can suggest is flip them once you get them, (anywhere from a week to a month from now) and take it as a lesson your wallet won't soon forget..

They should get an ex-FBI guy to run the company the candy [!@#%^&^] woman running it now is driving it into the ground.

eBay is a sewer and its to a point that tens of thousands of fraudsters are descending on eBay simply because they know they can thieve and decieve and eBay does nothing.

I whole heartily agree. Although legions of people still flock to it. I use to spend a good amount of money on there but after being a powerseller and finding their customer service to be less than satisfactory when my account was hijacked I decided I would only buy if there was something I really wanted. Last night was the 1st time I won anything in months. And now I list books on comiclink when I want to sell. It's also nice not dealing directly with some of the insane buyers.

I whole heartily agree. Although legions of people still flock to it. I use to spend a good amount of money on there but after being a powerseller and finding their customer service to be less than satisfactory when my account was hijacked I decided I would only buy if there was something I really wanted. Last night was the 1st time I won anything in months. And now I list books on comiclink when I want to sell. It's also nice not dealing directly with some of the insane buyers.

You're both insane. 893frustrated.gif You want to explain how "the candy [!@#%^&^] woman running it now is driving it into the ground."? That's the most idiotic comment on the boards in quite some time. As an eBay shareholder, believe me, I'm DAMNED happy that Meg Whitman is the CEO.

If you were buying them raw, I'd say you got a damn good deal from eBay. After checking of course, it sounds like a simple listing error and they should refund your money. Case closed.

Yes, I've seen listing errors. I read every byte of data to find contradictions. Glad you got the Merchandise; that's half the battle with this seller.

eBays like a bad habit you get hit over the head by it and swear off it for a few weeks and then convince yourself it wasnt so bad and try again.

Right now i'm dealing with a guy who is literally insane he accuses me of not paying I send the receipt and his own order fufillment that shows i've paid, he emails back and says ok guess you paid. Then emails me back an hour later and says we havent been paid by you.. foreheadslap.gif The last 20 emails in my outbox are to him. insane.gif

Problem with eBay is you dont know if these people are just totally nuts, incompetent, or trying to maneouver in some angle to try and rip you off.

eBays like a bad habit you get hit over the head by it and swear off it for a few weeks and then convince yourself it wasnt so bad and try again.

In the past year I think I've bought 6 things. There's really not much that I'm looking for on there, and I know longer find myself having impulse buys picking up some Bronze age book I don't really need.

You're both insane. 893frustrated.gif You want to explain how "the candy [!@#%^&^] woman running it now is driving it into the ground."? That's the most idiotic comment on the boards in quite some time. As an eBay shareholder, believe me, I'm DAMNED happy that Meg Whitman is the CEO.

I'll tell you exactly why, eBay under Meg Whitman is so utterly scared pantless of being in anyway liable for anything they refuse to do anything to known fraudsters who in any other venue or in a real life shop would get their butts thrown in jail for fraud.

eBay has become a sewer, and eBay washes its hands of it all and rakes in the cash.

Well letting this problem fester and grow is going to hurt them long-term I can promise you, no business is immune to poor management. I'd dump those shares if I were you.

Well letting this problem fester and grow is going to hurt them long-term I can promise you, no business is immune to poor management.

I agree, and the growing fraud on EBay has had a devestating effect on buyer confidence.

I remember when EBay was the hot fad, and most of my buds would check something out and say "I'll nab that off EBay for half price". Now they see the same thing, then slap down their money, adding "EBay is just too freaking risky".

i had a problem with a seller who listed the comic cgc 9.8 and i just hit the buy it now and then found out it was a 9.6. the good part is the seller happen to be one of the better guys on ebay and said it was his fault so i didnt have to pay anything.with neatstuff you just never know.they have some cgcs i really need but they keep listing them in those @#%$&^% groups and there is no way i buying all of that #$^% 893frustrated.gif