• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sold my collection (sans pedigrees) to Flaming Telepath’s Comicana Direct

154 posts in this topic

Wow, where did all the arm-chair freight forwarders come from? I'm sure John knows how to stack a pallet after all these years. :makepoint:

Wonder what they talk about on the PSB or Pallet Stacker Boards?

pressing

Correct. The shipping costs are very reasonable and actually work out at about 10c a book because of the bulk.

That's really interesting. Does that include getting them from Chicago to the east coast or how does it work?

Yup.

Alan's door to our door, including clearing them through Customs. (thumbs u

How long could it really take to process 25,000 books? hm

Good luck sir (worship)

With scanning a fair percentage of them?

And keeping up with other things that will need doing?

Too bloody long. doh!

If you can find a way to get me over to the UK, I'll be happy to help for free ;)

Nick: lol:roflmao:lol (He said you'd get this. :cool: )

I think that might be a reference to the fact that I'm the company's processer/grader. :ohnoez:

Good job you have all that free time on your hands.

Good luck sir (worship)

Too bloody long. doh!

You should`ve first sent them to an outsourcing company in India to do all the grunt work! :baiting:

Good luck sir (worship)

Too bloody long. doh!

You should`ve first sent them to an outsourcing company in India to do all the grunt work! :baiting:

It was either that or down on Garry's farm.

While I appreciate the concern expressed by some of you on the packaging job, no one can tell from a picture alone just how securely wrapped these pallets are. Believe me, they're not going anywhere. If John was at all concerned we would have redone it right then and there. He's shipped thousands of boxes with this shipper and knows they're not going to treat it like the 19 year old UPS kid does the box of slabs marked FRAGILE.

(thumbs u

Alan, I've known you for about 20 years now, and I remember back when your collection was just filling up the closet at your parents house. As the years passed, the collection grew to epic proportions and I would just go into your comic room and look at it in awe.

I'll admit, the next time I go over to your house I'm going to be a bit heartbroken to see the empty shelves, but I'm happy that this sale is something that brings you peace of mind and happiness, and glad I've been able to tag along for the ride.

Now I just need to get my lazy butt in gear and organize the boxes of comics that I have stored at your house :grin:

-Minh