• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why Green Lantern Is As Good As Iron Man

134 posts in this topic

I saw the movie today and it exceeded my expectations. I'm also not a GL fan of old so it was mostly new to me. I liked it a lot and enjoyed the story and effects. It was cheesy at times and the racetrack scene was a bit convoluted (among others) but it was fun.

Oooof.. I thought it was pretty terrible.

I know this will ruffle some feathers, but it really reminded me just how lame Green Lantern is. Every time he made a construct to "Save the day", like the racetrack, or the AA gun, all I could think was, "wow, that's not very imaginative.. That's the best he could come up with?"

Killawog created an miniature sun during the training, but all Hal could come up with in the climax are 2 F-22s and that was enough to defeat something that no other member of the Corps could accomplish? Uhh... okay.

Never mind that a entity so powerful he's a threat to the entire universe and destroys entire civilizations can be undone by a single, solitary, not so special star in our own solar system.

I know this will ruffle some feathers, but it really reminded me just how lame Green Lantern is. Every time he made a construct to "Save the day", like the racetrack, or the AA gun, all I could think was, "wow, that's not very imaginative.. That's the best he could come up with?"

Killawog created an miniature sun during the training, but all Hal could come up with in the climax are 2 F-22s and that was enough to defeat something that no other member of the Corps could accomplish? Uhh... okay.

Never mind that a entity so powerful he's a threat to the entire universe and destroys entire civilizations can be undone by a single, solitary, not so special star in our own solar system.

All proper points and I agree. GL destroyed parallax almost as easy as Thor killed destroyer....but the F 22 planes was a bit of a head shaker. :makepoint:

To be fair he was new at this and thinking on the fly with little knowledge of how to use it.

Kilowog had years of experience...

My issue was that Abin Sur crashed in daytime and the ship just laid there for hours until someone found it at night.

At that number the chances for a sequel are probably pretty slim. The reviews killed this movie which really wasn't that bad. Enjoy it while you can sounds like we ll be stuck with just Superman and Batman movies for a little while if you care about DC characters.

I would have prefered the entire movie had been about Sinestro... coolest thing about the movie was Mark Strong and his performance as this character.

Just wait for Sequel

At that number the chances for a sequel are probably pretty slim. The reviews killed this movie which really wasn't that bad. Enjoy it while you can sounds like we ll be stuck with just Superman and Batman movies for a little while if you care about DC characters.

...there will most definitely be a sequel,...if they can make sequels out of crud movies like the Hulk and Fantastic Four than this is a shoe-in,...and just as a comparison Thor did 66 million on opening weekend,...GL is at 52 mill not counting sales for today,...

Maybe the Green Lantern can battle Owen Gleiberman and Rogert Ebert in the sequel. hm

...there will most definitely be a sequel,...if they can make sequels out of crud movies like the Hulk and Fantastic Four than this is a shoe-in,...and just as a comparison Thor did 66 million on opening weekend,...GL is at 52 mill not counting sales for today,...

The Incredible Hulk (the Ed Norton version) movie is roughly 5 orders of magnitude better than The Green Lantern movie.

The Incredible Hulk (the Ed Norton version) movie is roughly 5 orders of magnitude better than The Green Lantern movie.

What's that, like 100,000x better? Yikes, GL blows!!!

...uh huh,...oh yeah,...that was umm,...the words escape me,......how do u say?.....horrible,...

Maybe the Green Lantern can battle Owen Gleiberman and Rogert Ebert in the sequel. hm

Ebert actually liked the movie, better then Thor and I think as much as X-Men FC. The estimated 54M is including today so yeah unless the merchandising does some crazy business the movie overall is bound to lose a bunch. I wouldn't mind a sequel but it's nowhere near a given unless WB just decides to push foward regardless.

...uh huh,...oh yeah,...that was umm,...the words escape me,......how do u say?.....horrible,...

Yeah, I liked it when I was watching it for the first time, but once it was over. POOF! :whatev:

They probably should have just left well enough alone with the original after that one failed and just made him a 'secondary' character in a team movie. But, this happens alot in Marvel movies, an example of a reboot that apparently has worked would be X-Men: First Class and one that didn't would be would be the Punisher: War Zone.