• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why Green Lantern Is As Good As Iron Man

134 posts in this topic

I enjoyed this movie more than X-men FC. :o

Not sure all the hatorade going around on this movie. :eyeroll:

I was entertained the entire movie.

The CG was just right for me to feel like it was a Green Lantern movie.

I love some of you guys saying $50+ million on opening weekend is bad.

2013 you will see a sequel. :popcorn:

i'd take a side wager on that one- won't happen

Not sure all the hatorade going around on this movie. :eyeroll:

i'd take a side wager on that one- won't happen

Only way the sequel happens is if WB just decides to forge ahead despite the BO results for whatever other reason. To say the movie is coming out soft is an understatement, especially outside of the USA.

I going to take my son to see it this weekend.

Keeping an open mind.

I think one of the things that Marvel has as an advantage over DC is that many of the Marvel characters already have a built in angst factor that goes over well with today's audiences. (Which may also be why Batman rocks compared to Supes.)

One of the things I hate about the GL trailer is that "Gee whiz! I'm a Superhero" angle that just screams 'stupid super hero movie.' Don't see a whole lot of real drama from someone who's responsibility it is to protect this entire section of the universe.

I'm going into it thinking it's going to be fluff, hopefully I'll be wrong.

I saw it last night. I was pretty disappointed with the film. A lot of character development felt shallow or glossed over. Many of the relationships in the film, I felt were not given enough screen time. The plot also moved very slowly. I also felt that the crisis was resolved too easily.

The movie could have been half as long and accomplished everything that it did. There is much left to be desired from this film.

Not sure all the hatorade going around on this movie . :eyeroll:

Yeah,I don't get it either (shrug)

It's not Dark Knight great,but I enjoyed watching the movie.

Agreed. And, it wasn't trying to be Dark Knight.

GL was excellent. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It had all the right elements for a superhero movie. When he said the oath for the last time while in the middle of the battle of his life, I was ecstatic. Haven't had a similar moment since the Spidey-Doc Ock battle on the building in Spider-Man 2.

GL was fantastic.

I'm a big GL fan. Not a big fan of this movie. It had some moments. Sinestro was awesome. Blake Lively looked good but that's about it. She was much better in The Town than she was in this. Too much time spent on BS and not enough time spent on what they should have.

I was underwhelmed.

I saw it last night. I was pretty disappointed with the film. A lot of character development felt shallow or glossed over. Many of the relationships in the film, I felt were not given enough screen time. The plot also moved very slowly. I also felt that the crisis was resolved too easily.

The movie could have been half as long and accomplished everything that it did. There is much left to be desired from this film.

what he said.

Just saw it today, and thought it was pretty lame. Better than Thor, but not much. Not even on the same planet as XFC. No chemistry between any of the characters (particularly Hal and Carol), no suspense in the "big battle", and no real development of the Corps or Tomar Re or Kilowog.

On the other hand, my daughter simultaneously went to XFC and loved it, even though she knows nothing about the X-Men and has not been a fan of comic-based movies before.

Just watched Green Lantern yesterday. I actually thought it was pretty damn good. Much better than Thor imho. Might not be Iron Man quality, but it was very solid. I honestly don't know how the critics give Green Lantern a 25% on rotten tomatoes. Definitely 75-85% in my book.

I'm going to see Green Lantern this afternoon. I am really looking forward to it. I don't care what critics say as I will form my own opinion. I am not expecting a great thespian performance from any actor or actress. I'm just looking forward to a good popcorn movie that I can enjoy.

I saw Green Lantern and thought it was NOT a good film. Poor character development, poor motivations and relationship development. The movie could have been 45minutes and they could have accomplished the same amount of stuff.

As a fan of Green Lantern, and as someone who can be entertained by movies, this movie really let me down. I could go into a lot of detail as to why I think the movie was not so good. Ryan Reynolds did a good job - I think the movie failed him.

I'm going to see Green Lantern this afternoon. I am really looking forward to it. I don't care what critics say as I will form my own opinion. I am not expecting a great thespian performance from any actor or actress. I'm just looking forward to a good popcorn movie that I can enjoy.

That was my attitude be damn the critics, but it was an average movie. The only movie it was better than was Priest that I saw in a theatre this year.

All of these were more fun pictures Fast Five,Pirates of the Caribbean 4,Super 8, Thor and X-men First Class. It`s not that Green Lantern is a bad picture,but it`s just that you could spend your money to go see a much more fun and exciting picture this summer.

The bigger story now is not the critics,but how Green Lantern the movie has now dropped 72 percent at the boxoffice.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=40324

I'd like to know what Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Sciver think of the finished movie
I want Geoff Johns to write the sequel :preach:

Ain`t gonna be no sequel.

That didn't stop Fox from making FF:ROTSS

FF 1 actually MADE a decent profit.